Advanced Micro Devices is looking to invest in technology companies as it tries to build a hardware and software ecosystem around its upcoming Fusion processor, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
Advanced Micro Devices gave reporters a first look at its upcoming Fusion processors on Wednesday in a demonstration calculated to reveal as few specifics about the chips as possible, lest the information fall into the hands of rival Intel.
With the aim of bringing down the price of laptops, Intel on Monday launched a family of low-power processors for thin and light machines that could be more affordable than conventional laptops.
PC maker Dell is looking into Advanced Micro Devices' Fusion processors for use in future laptops and desktops as it tries to make PCs smaller and more power-efficient, a company executive said.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced new mobile processors as it tries to bridge the power and performance gap with Intel, while trying to lower laptop prices.
Hewlett-Packard introduced seven laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming laptop chips on Wednesday, boosting efforts for the chip designer's efforts to catch up with rival Intel.
The world's first mainstream six-core microprocessor, AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T, has gone on sale in the UK at prices that might give <a href="http://news.techworld.com/sme/3221731/amd-six-core-chips-cheaper-than-intel/">Intel's Core i3 and Core i5 sy...
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to build momentum for its laptop chips in an attempt to improve its weak market position and gain ground on rival Intel, analysts said on Friday.
Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming six-core Phenom II X6 processors for desktops are already showing up in online retail stores prior to the chips' official launch later this month.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Based on an improved architecture, the Opteron 6000 series chips perform up to two times the level of AMD's previous generation six-core chips, said AMD Inc. An analyst thinks AMD has decided it wants to lead in processor innovation to broaden its ma...
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Acer will be among the first major computer vendors to sell systems based on Advanced Micro Devices' latest Opteron server chips, the 6100 series, the chip company said Monday
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW