Advanced Micro Devices turned a profit in 2009 after three successive annual losses, but CEO Dirk Meyer's total compensation fell 15%.
Desktop processor technology took a significant step forward this month with the unveiling of six-core processors by both Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Intel Corp., analysts say.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said its first six-core processor for desktops will ship in the second quarter of this year.
ATI is taking the wraps off some major changes to its Catalyst drivers today. These monthly graphics driver updates usually focus on minor tweaks, bug fixes, and performance improvements, but this month and next month will usher in some singificant n...
An online retailer is selling a 12-core Opteron server processor from Advanced Micro Devices ahead of the product's official launch by the chip company.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday offered more details about its forthcoming Fusion processor, including the speed, power consumption and plans to begin shipping samples in the first half of this year.
Intel on Thursday announced a new vPro platform for its Core processors to make remote maintenance and management of PCs easier in an enterprise.
Intel is preparing six-core chips for high-end desktops and servers for release in the first half of this year, the company said Wednesday.
Advanced Micro Devices reached profitability for the first time in three years during the fourth quarter of 2009, benefiting from a legal settlement with Intel and a change in its business model, the company said on Thursday.
Spend too much time monkeying around with the inside of your PC? Wish you had a trained primate to install the latest and greatest graphics cards? In its latest advertisement that left us agape, ATI demonstrates via Louie the primate that its cards...
ATI, the graphics division of AMD, has done a pretty good job so far of bringing its new DirectX 11 capable graphics cards down to prices regular people can afford. True, the Radeon HD 5870 and 5850 launched at truly "enthusiast" price levels, but th...
Lenovo has extended its use of Advanced Micro Devices processors in PCs with the launch of a new desktop Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices will put triple-core processors into laptops to fill a power and performance gap, the company said.
Intel is ramping up efforts to push low-power Atom chips in the burgeoning category of tablet devices, a market where the chip giant, which dominates netbooks, faces tough competition from competitors like Nvidia.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT