Advanced Micro Devices overtook Nvidia during the second quarter to become the top discrete graphics card vendor, according to market research firm Mercury Research.
Advanced Micro Devices is ahead of schedule with its upcoming Fusion chips, which will appear first in netbooks and low-end laptops early next year, but not in tablets, the company said on Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to invest in technology companies as it tries to build a hardware and software ecosystem around its upcoming Fusion processor, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
Advanced Micro Devices gave reporters a first look at its upcoming Fusion processors on Wednesday in a demonstration calculated to reveal as few specifics about the chips as possible, lest the information fall into the hands of rival Intel.
With the aim of bringing down the price of laptops, Intel on Monday launched a family of low-power processors for thin and light machines that could be more affordable than conventional laptops.
PC maker Dell is looking into Advanced Micro Devices' Fusion processors for use in future laptops and desktops as it tries to make PCs smaller and more power-efficient, a company executive said.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced new mobile processors as it tries to bridge the power and performance gap with Intel, while trying to lower laptop prices.
Hewlett-Packard introduced seven laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming laptop chips on Wednesday, boosting efforts for the chip designer's efforts to catch up with rival Intel.
The world's first mainstream six-core microprocessor, AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T, has gone on sale in the UK at prices that might give <a href="http://news.techworld.com/sme/3221731/amd-six-core-chips-cheaper-than-intel/">Intel's Core i3 and Core i5 sy...
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to build momentum for its laptop chips in an attempt to improve its weak market position and gain ground on rival Intel, analysts said on Friday.
Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming six-core Phenom II X6 processors for desktops are already showing up in online retail stores prior to the chips' official launch later this month.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Based on an improved architecture, the Opteron 6000 series chips perform up to two times the level of AMD's previous generation six-core chips, said AMD Inc. An analyst thinks AMD has decided it wants to lead in processor innovation to broaden its ma...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia