With the aim of bringing down the price of laptops, Intel on Monday launched a family of low-power processors for thin and light machines that could be more affordable than conventional laptops.
PC maker Dell is looking into Advanced Micro Devices' Fusion processors for use in future laptops and desktops as it tries to make PCs smaller and more power-efficient, a company executive said.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced new mobile processors as it tries to bridge the power and performance gap with Intel, while trying to lower laptop prices.
Hewlett-Packard introduced seven laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming laptop chips on Wednesday, boosting efforts for the chip designer's efforts to catch up with rival Intel.
The world's first mainstream six-core microprocessor, AMD's Phenom II X6 1055T, has gone on sale in the UK at prices that might give <a href="http://news.techworld.com/sme/3221731/amd-six-core-chips-cheaper-than-intel/">Intel's Core i3 and Core i5 sy...
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors, which were announced on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to build momentum for its laptop chips in an attempt to improve its weak market position and gain ground on rival Intel, analysts said on Friday.
Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming six-core Phenom II X6 processors for desktops are already showing up in online retail stores prior to the chips' official launch later this month.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Based on an improved architecture, the Opteron 6000 series chips perform up to two times the level of AMD's previous generation six-core chips, said AMD Inc. An analyst thinks AMD has decided it wants to lead in processor innovation to broaden its ma...
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Acer will be among the first major computer vendors to sell systems based on Advanced Micro Devices' latest Opteron server chips, the 6100 series, the chip company said Monday
Intel remained the world's largest chip maker by revenue for the eighteenth consecutive year in 2009, despite an overall decline in the global chip market, Gartner said Monday.
An online retail store is taking orders for Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming 12-core Opteron processors, code-named Magny-Cours, ahead of the official launch.
The specifications for AMD's desktop-oriented six-core processors, codenamed 'Thuban', have been accidentally leaked by Gigabyte.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW