The clumsily named Vizio 11.6" Windows 8 Tablet PC is now available for $600 but, if you're seriously considering a Windows 8 tablet right now, the best thing to do may be to wait.
There's no two ways around it: The PC is slowing down with age.
AMD is trying to get noticed again in the notebook space with a new Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) codenamed Richland, which is based on, but improves on the previous APU, codenamed Trinity.
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
Although Microsoft is just getting started with its 2012 Surface tablets, the company plans to launch three new devices in the next year, according to a well-known source of leaks.
The Acer Aspire One 522 (model BZ897) delivers a good, classic netbook for a very reasonable price ($330 as of March 18, 2011). Petite and slim with a handsome 10.1-inch widescreen LED-backlit display, a 250GB hard drive, an integrated 1.3-megapixel ...
Deciding how much graphics power is required when purchasing a PC has never been easy. Investing in a standalone graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is more often than not overkill for many office applications. However, graphics processors integrat...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) on Thursday reported net profit for the fourth quarter that beat forecasts, due mainly to income from a patent license and a legal settlement with Samsung.
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday said that Dirk Meyer has resigned from the post of CEO, and that the company is beginning to search for a new chief executive.
Dirk Meyer, CEO and president of AMD, has resigned effectively immediately. AMD's Board of Directors has announced that Senior Vice President and CFO Thomas Seifert will replace him as interim CEO.
Federal prosecutors allege a California woman committted securities fraud by passing information to hedge funds
Intel is doomed, Hermann Hauser has claimed in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. If you don't know who Hauser is, he happens to be one of the co-founders of ARM -- possibly Intel's most dangerous foe in the semiconductor marketplace, when al...
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday said it will remove the ATI name from its products by the end of the year, killing a brand name synonymous with graphics enthusiasts for 25 years.
While chip manufacturers continue to make their processors ever more powerful, at least one customer has found it useful to slow these chips down, at least long enough to keep them running when the data center air conditioning falters.
Smaller and power-efficient laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming Fusion hybrid chips will reach shelves "early next year," company officials said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW