Adding the RX 580 BIOS to an RX 480 gives you the performance of the new graphics card, but that swap doesn't come without risks.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
AMD's new Radeon RX 500-series graphics cards are a refined, retuned take on its Polaris GPUs.
The AMD FreeSync support in Xbox Project Scorpio may help bring variable refresh rates to the living room.
AMD's answer to Ryzen performance problems is the Ryzen Balanced power plan for Windows 10, which promises to boost speed by up to 21 percent.
AMD's preparing a big April BIOS update for AMD motherboards ahead of Ryzen 5's launch.
AMD's optimization promise for Ryzen appears to be true. Oxide squeezed out about a third more performance from AMD's Ryzen CPUs
Making this deal even sweeter is an additional $50 off if you grab a compatible motherboard—and yes, there are X370 boards in stock.
LG's 4K HDR monitor now has pricing info and a general release date. The future of PC displays is almost here.
We now know Ryzen 5's prices (starting at $169) and release date (April 11). What we still don't know is the performance.
AMD has dispelled most of the rumors around the confusing performance of its Ryzen CPU, clearing Windows 10 and other software from blame.
If you were baffled by how poorly AMD's Ryzen chip did in low-end PC gaming, you weren't alone. AMD says the problems lie with developers, who will issue patches to fix the situation.
As AMD's first Ryzen chips begin arriving in customers' hands, the company opens up about its plans for Ryzen 5, Ryzen 3, future Zen architectures, and why Ryzen's performance is lower than Intel's Core chips in a few key areas.
We were told by AMD that we’d have to set memory timings manually with the new Ryzen platform but, at least with Gigabyte’s AM4 motherboards, we don’t have to.
Don't buy an AM4 motherboard for your AMD Ryzen processor until you read this.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW