Toshiba NB550 netbook review: AMD Fusion-powered netbook with HDMI port
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced Fusion processors for embedded systems as it tries to put its chips in new devices such as set-top boxes and small form factor PCs.
After years of talks and demonstrations, Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday started shipping Fusion processors for netbooks, laptops and small desktops priced between US$200 and $599.
AMD has been talking about Fusion for years now. Over time, the term has sort of morphed from referring to specific future products to a general marketing catch-all designed to help people think of the CPU and GPU (graphics processing unit) as the sa...
Advanced Micro Devices has started shipping units of the first low-power Fusion chips for use in consumer laptops and netbooks, a company official said on Tuesday.
Smaller and power-efficient laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming Fusion hybrid chips will reach shelves "early next year," company officials said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia