Some school administrators are testing a bold idea to integrate the multitude of systems that are used to store student data, giving teachers a single view of how students are performing and allowing them to better deliver the right learning material...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is offering users a month-long free trial of a set of system analysis tools that the company is developing. The free offer is one of a number of price cuts and expanded services the company has introduced in the past few wee...
A TV report into the lives of migrant workers employed at Amazon.com distribution centers in Germany has prompted the government to call for an investigation, and is pushing other companies to change their practices.
Visitors to what used to be Buy.com will see a few changes on the front page this week -- including a pronunciation guide for its new name.
Apple and Samsung Electronics led the tablet market in the fourth quarter of 2012, but new entrant Microsoft did not make it to the top five with its Surface tablet.
Google, AT&T and Verizon Communications were among the top corporate spenders on lobbying the U.S. government in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to information released this week by the U.S. House of Representatives.
A federal judge in California has ordered Apple and Amazon.com to sit down and attempt to settle a lawsuit between them over Amazon's use of the "Appstore" name for its online application marketplace.
A U.S. federal judge ruled Wednesday that Amazon.com did not mislead consumers by calling its own applications marketplace the "Appstore," a name that Apple alleged is too similar to its own "App Store."
Amazon has launched an Instant Video app for Apple's iPhone and iPod touch, as well as a Cloud Player app for Samsung TVs.
The U.S. states of Washington, Massachusetts and Delaware have made the most progress in promoting broadband and in providing a broadband-friendly business climate, according to a new study by trade group TechNet.
Users of Amazon Web Services will soon be able to orchestrate workflows across different AWS services and their own internal resources, using a new orchestration engine called the AWS Data Pipeline.
Amazon.com has opened its Maps API to all Kindle developers, who can now use it to integrate maps in their applications for the Kindle Fire family of tablets.
Amazon.com has released its paid streaming video service on Nintendo's new Wii U console, with a host of titles free to users who subscribe to its Amazon Prime service.
Amazon.com, a latecomer to Japan's e-reader market, is slashing its Kindle prices in the country before it has shipped a single device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone share of overall mobile phone sales stalling at 70 percent
- Pirate Bay co-founder found guilty of hacking in Denmark
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
- Google AI project apes memory, programs (sort of) like a human
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW