With its new AppStream offering, Amazon is offering intensive graphics processing as a service, with the promise of freeing developers from worrying about the rendering capabilities of each user's device.
While getting the best performance from your systems is crucial, getting consistent performance is even more important, because it guarantees a satisfactory user experience and even sets the stage for building more capabilities on top of the system, ...
Amazon.com is getting the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays to its customers, adding an additional facility to help it compete in the Internet retail market.
Microsoft will start selling gift cards good for purchases on its digital content market, taking a page out of Apple's iTunes playbook.
It appears that Amazon will eventually produce a smartphone -- the question is not if, but when.
We're expecting Amazon to update its range of Kindle Fire tablets soon and one has been shown in a new leak.
Developers can sell physical and digital items from Amazon.com within their apps using the new Mobile Associates API for Android-based devices.
Developers can now submit Web apps and offer them alongside native Android-based programs on Amazon's Appstore.
Amazon has launched Amazon Art, a marketplace that includes more than 40,000 works of art by the likes of Norman Rockwell and Claude Monet from over 150 galleries and dealers.
Amazon.com founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has announced a surprise plan to buy The Washington Post for US$250 million in cash.
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would permanently extend a current moratorium on Internet access taxes in the country.
Patent firm Eolas Technologies lost an appeal against Google, J.C. Penney, Yahoo and Amazon.com in a long-drawn lawsuit involving key Web patents.
A lawsuit filed by Apple over Amazon.com's use of the term "Appstore" has ended after Apple decided to withdraw the case.
Amazon.com's Kindle e-reader has dominated the competition in Japan since its launch last year, according to new research, showing the company's low pricing and powerful brand may have overcome its late entrance into the market.
Apple didn't try to fix or raise the prices of electronic books when it entered into the market in 2010, according to Apple Senior Vice President Eddy Cue. Rather, he says, the company was only working to ensure a profit for itself.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTConsultant - Warehouse/ LogisticsVIC
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT