Apple, Facebook and Amazon.com have increased their expenses on trying to influence U.S. politicians and policy at the federal level, but Google still outstrips them in spending though it reduced expenditure in the second quarter.
Self-driving cars face off on California road... Satya Nadella has a new mission (statement)... Uber protests get real in France... and more tech news
Ford drives into car-sharing... U.S. government ranked last on app security... Google intros free music streaming... and more tech news.
Amazon.com's troubled bid for the .amazon generic top-level domain (gTLD) has got support from the U.S. Congressional Trademark caucus, which is asking for a speedy resolution of the long-standing dispute between the online retailer and countries in ...
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
China is opening up its e-commerce market to more foreign investment, removing restrictions that limited investors to joint ventures with Chinese firms.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation released the latest version of its annual "Who Has Your Back" report on tech companies' data disclosure policies Wednesday afternoon, giving perfect five-star ratings to companies including Apple, Adobe, Dropbox and...
Amazon is trying to hit the sweet spot between fancy features and affordability with its new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.
Baseball gets a hacking scandal... Airbus plans Internet satellites... European court holds site liable for comments... and more tech news.
Twitter CEO Costolo steps down...Oculus shows consumer Rift...Amazon's e-books deals get an antitrust look...and more tech news.
Amazon.com's e-book distribution deals are coming under close scrutiny from the European Commission, which has begun a formal antitrust investigation into the company's contracts with publishers.
Hackers steal data on 4 million government workers...Facebook slims down Android app...privacy-for-service seen as poor tradeoff...and more tech news.
In a bid to fight tax avoidance by international business behemoths like Amazon and Apple, the European Commission is proposing mandatory rules to make companies pay taxes to all the countries in which they generate profit.
Amazon has changed its tax-payment practices in Europe, but that is not going to halt the European Commission's investigation into what it considers to be a likely illegal tax deal with Luxembourg.
Amazon.com may be planning to set up a marketplace for craftsmen, a questionnaire posted on the company's website suggests.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Brinks safe can be hacked with just a USB stick
- Samsung event in August portends new smartphone launch
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Amazon takes on MySQL with Aurora
- Over 10 million Web surfers possibly exposed to malvertising
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW