Microsoft, Amazon.com and Yahoo plan to join a consortium to fight a proposed settlement Google has made with authors and publishers over its Google Book Search service, according to a report published in The New York Times.
Amazon Web Services has expanded a shipping service for large data sets on its S3 cloud storage platform so customers can get their content back instead of just sending it.
The irony is beautiful: To protect your Kindle, don't buy protection.
Despite unveiling prices for its upcoming Windows Azure cloud platform that appear merely on par with incumbent rivals such as Amazon, Microsoft Corp. says Azure will gain ground with Web developers by offering more and better features for the money.
Just more than a year after it launches, Windows 7 will account for nearly half of all the client operating systems Microsoft ships to corporate users, according to forecasts by IDC.
Red Hat has launched a new partner program to make sure its enterprise Linux and JBoss software are core components of a cloud-computing infrastructure, and to guarantee that Red Hat-based applications will run reliably and safely in the cloud.
After postponing the development of one data center and losing a couple of high-level managers in its data center group, Microsoft said it will soon open new facilities in Dublin, Ireland, and Chicago.
Microsoft and online retailers today kicked off Windows 7 sales in the U.S., Canada and Japan, taking pre-orders at prices discounted by as much as 58 per cent.
Amazon search subsidiary A9 has acquired SnapTell, a company that lets mobile users take photos of products or advertisements to get special deals or more information.
The Kindle DX, which started shipping only yesterday, is now listed by Amazon.com Inc. as out of stock until June 17.
The Kindle DX started shipping from Amazon.com on Wednesday, as promised, for US$489, and could reach customers Thursday when initial owner reviews are expected to start hitting blogs and Websites.
E-book readers may have been overshadowed by netbooks, smartbooks and laptops at Computex Taipei 2009, but products on display portend big things to come.
Amazon.com's new large-screen Kindle DX e-reader will ship earlier than expected, the company said Monday.
New auto-scaling, monitoring and load-balancing tools for Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud are now in public beta, the company said Monday.
Amazon Wednesday introduced Kindle Publishing for Blogs Beta, a new program that lets anyone sell blog subscriptions to Kindle users through Amazon's Kindle store. All you have to do is sign up for a blog vendor account (your Amazon customer account ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 LG G3 review
- 3 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 4 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 5 Fetch TV set-top box
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung starts production of 3D DDR4 DRAM modules
- New malvertising campaign hit visitors of several high-profile sites
- Microsoft frees Visual Studio Online for occasional contributors
- HTC ships Desire 510 with 64-bit processor, but isn't sure users can take advantage of it
- Widespread Time Warner Cable disruption affects Internet service subscribers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW