Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
Wasting little time in responding to Barnes & Noble's new lower prices for its Nook e-readers, Amazon today slashed the cost of its Kindle device to $189, the company announced. The new price is $70 off the Kindle's previous $259 list, and $10 less t...
Amazon's cloud storage service has unveiled a brand new way to quickly move giant amounts of data to the cloud, one so technologically advanced that it actually allows customers to "bypass the Internet."
Amazon Web Services' content delivery network service CloudFront can now transfer data over an encrypted HTTPS connection, but users will pay more than if they transfer it via HTTP, Amazon said on Monday.
For those of you who think that the Kindle's one third of an inch thick architecture is just too thick, you may be able to check out a new slimmer Kindle come August this year. According to a Bloomberg.com article, Amazon.com plans to introduce the ...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will handle keynote duties at the company's annual developers conference in two weeks, Apple confirmed today.
Google has partnered with Intel and Sony to create Google TV, an ambitious attempt to bake its Android software into TVs, Blu-ray players, and a Google set-top box called Buddy Box. Google TV is clearly a challenge to Apple TV, the Boxee Box, TiVo an...
Amazon Web Services has added a new high-availability feature called Multi-Availability Zone (Multi-AZ) to its cloud-based Relational Database Service (RDS), the company said on Tuesday.
Amazon Web Services has launched VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) in Europe, the company said on Tuesday. The service lets companies connect their existing data centers to isolated computing resources in Amazon's European cloud using an encrypted VPN (vir...
Some of Japan's biggest online electronics retailers have stopped shipping Apple products, apparently at the request of the Cupertino, California-based company.
Red Hat Cloud Access will let enterprises use their subscriptions to support either traditional on-premise servers or servers hosted on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
Lawson Software announced a partnership on Wednesday that will make its ERP (enterprise resource planning) and other applications available on Amazon Web Services' cloud-computing infrastructure service.
Amazon Web Services has added the ability for customers of CloudFront to choose who gets to receive content streamed using the service, the company said on Sunday.
Amazon introduced its e-book shop and reader app for the iPad Monday, entering the battle for e-books dominance against Apple's own iBooks store and Barnes & Noble's e-reader iPad app.
There is still a misconception that Amazon Web Services exists to sell the company's excess server capacity, but that is not the case, CTO Werner Vogels said during a keynote at Cebit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW