Amazon.com may have received illegal state aid from tax authorities in Luxembourg, where the company has a subsidiary that records most of its European profit, according to the European Commission.
When Ken Griffin, the director of IT operations for Harvard Business Publishing, warned his staff, "12 months from now, those servers are being switched off," his message was crystal clear -- there's no going back, learn the cloud or step aside.
AT&T's NetBond service for secure access to third-party clouds will soon work with the biggest one of all, Amazon Web Services.
Google has fired back at Microsoft with cheaper cloud services, signaling another round of price cutting in an increasingly competitive market.
The Xen Project has revealed the details of a serious vulnerability in the Xen hypervisor that could put the security of many virtualized servers at risk.
With features such as offline sync in the new version of its Mobile SDK, Amazon Web Services is hoping to lure developers away from the cloud services offered by Google and Apple.
Looking for more success stories to add to its portfolio, Google has assembled a starter package to help startup businesses ramp up operations with free Google Cloud Platform services.
Enterprises that want to share and store files online have yet another option now that Amazon Web Services has opened its Zocalo service to general availability.
Amazon Web Services now lets enterprises use two-factor authentication to better protect hosted WorkSpaces virtual desktops.
Amazon Web Service has launched a type of instance to reduce costs for hosted remote desktops and small databases that don't consistently use high levels of CPU power, but every now and then need better performance.
Google says it's in the enterprise Cloud market to stay.
TrueCrypt remains the only way to encrypt Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) data when using the AWS Import/Export tool, two weeks after the popular encryption software was abruptly discontinued by its creators, supposedly for security reasons.
Enterprises can now run Windows Server 2012 R2 on Amazon's cloud, taking advantage of features such as tiered storage, and they can also combine the OS with SQL Server 2014.
Amazon Web Services is making a pitch for enterprises' high-performance databases to run on its infrastructure, launching new instances optimized for the task.
Amazon Web Services' monitoring tool CloudTrail is now available from the company's EU region in Ireland, allowing all data to remain in Europe.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD