Hoping to move new applications to the cloud, Amazon has launched a new virtual server with four high-end GPUs, while Microsoft has made its SSD-based storage offering generally available.
Amazon Web Services continues to chip away at the enterprise storage market, with plans for a new service designed to be a nimbler alternative to network attached storage (NAS) appliances.
Amazon Web Services has made its WorkSpaces virtual desktops less annoying to use with a feature that resumes the previous session after it detects an interruption.
Amazon Web Services is offering its customers free use of over 85,000 satellite images, setting the stage for new types of geographically-oriented cloud applications.
Cloud computing may not be the optimal approach to every business problem, but Software AG wants to make sure its enterprise customers at least have the option.
Amazon Web Services' management tool, Config, provides troubleshooting and security analysis features designed to give IT staff more control over cloud resources.
In a bid to make life easier for Ruby developers, Amazon Web Services has updated its SDK for the open-source programming language, allowing developers to write less code.
As enterprises have increased the number of systems they run on Amazon Web Service's cloud, keeping track of it all has become more difficult. But the company is now trying to rectify that with the help of better tagging.
The Docker container virtualization technology has proved to be such a hit with its users that Amazon Web Services has created a new management tool for handling large scale Docker deployments, though observers worry it could lock customers more tigh...
Continuing to roll out new compute services at an impressive clip, Amazon Web Services has introduced a way for programmers to trigger operations in their AWS deployments without running a full virtual machine, potentially reducing maintenance work a...
With Wednesday's preview release of a new database service called Aurora, Amazon Web Services claims to have supercharged the open source MySQL with the high performance, reliability, and scalability characteristics typically associated with commerci...
As the show gets rolling this week, here are some of the products on display
The Cloud is no longer relegated to handling ancillary jobs, but is quickly become the base for mission critical - or even all - enterprise IT operations, the head of Amazon Web Services said.
In a move to help extinguish European and especially German privacy concerns, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has opened a location in Frankfurt.
Amazon Web Services wants to become a more central part of enterprise IT with the AWS Directory Service, which both competes and integrates with Microsoft's Active Directory.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD