Amazon has posted an essay-length explanation of the cloud outage that took offline some of the Web's most popular services last week. In summary, it appears that human error during an system upgrade meant a redundant backup network for the Elastic B...
Last week's outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute, and specifically the company's lack of communications around that outage, point out the importance of transparency when working with a cloud provider.
Over the past year, four cloud storage service providers have said they're shutting down and Amazon's cloud services have been problematic since Thursday.
The servers are back up and users can once again check in on Foursquare and ask questions on Quora, but the legacy of last week's Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) outage will live on and provide important lessons for businesses as they look to cl...
The outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service has shone a light on the number of Websites that use the service, which allows companies to hire computing power inexpensively on Amazon's systems.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
Last week we reported that HPC company Cycle Computing built a 10,000-core cluster on the Amazon EC2 cloud service. Cycle CEO Jason Stowe boasted that the cluster was big enough to make the list of the world's Top 500 supercomputers -- if only it had...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers can now run their cloud applications on hardware dedicated to them, the company said on Monday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has added a number of networking features to its Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) offering, allowing users to build data centers in the cloud that can be private, accessed from the Internet or both, the company said on Tuesday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has upgraded its Web-based Management Console with features designed to make it easier to "scale up or scale down as [computing] needs change," according to a blog posted on Wednesday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) will help IT staff to move virtual machines to the AWS cloud with a new plug-in for VMware's management platform, AWS said on Friday.
Amazon.com's remote computing arm has expanded into Japan after finding that developers in the tech-savvy Asian country want more local data storage and quicker data transfer times.
With the launch of CloudFormation, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hoping to make it easier for enterprises to put together stacks of applications and resources for its cloud computing service, the company said on Friday.
The Gluster open-source file system is following the well-worn path into virtualization and cloud computing with the introduction on Tuesday of Gluster Virtual Storage Appliances for VMware and for the Amazon Web Services platform.
Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD