Amazon has posted an essay-length explanation of the cloud outage that took offline some of the Web's most popular services last week. In summary, it appears that human error during an system upgrade meant a redundant backup network for the Elastic B...
Last week's outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute, and specifically the company's lack of communications around that outage, point out the importance of transparency when working with a cloud provider.
Over the past year, four cloud storage service providers have said they're shutting down and Amazon's cloud services have been problematic since Thursday.
The servers are back up and users can once again check in on Foursquare and ask questions on Quora, but the legacy of last week's Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) outage will live on and provide important lessons for businesses as they look to cl...
The outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service has shone a light on the number of Websites that use the service, which allows companies to hire computing power inexpensively on Amazon's systems.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
Last week we reported that HPC company Cycle Computing built a 10,000-core cluster on the Amazon EC2 cloud service. Cycle CEO Jason Stowe boasted that the cluster was big enough to make the list of the world's Top 500 supercomputers -- if only it had...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers can now run their cloud applications on hardware dedicated to them, the company said on Monday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has added a number of networking features to its Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) offering, allowing users to build data centers in the cloud that can be private, accessed from the Internet or both, the company said on Tuesday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has upgraded its Web-based Management Console with features designed to make it easier to "scale up or scale down as [computing] needs change," according to a blog posted on Wednesday.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) will help IT staff to move virtual machines to the AWS cloud with a new plug-in for VMware's management platform, AWS said on Friday.
Amazon.com's remote computing arm has expanded into Japan after finding that developers in the tech-savvy Asian country want more local data storage and quicker data transfer times.
With the launch of CloudFormation, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hoping to make it easier for enterprises to put together stacks of applications and resources for its cloud computing service, the company said on Friday.
The Gluster open-source file system is following the well-worn path into virtualization and cloud computing with the introduction on Tuesday of Gluster Virtual Storage Appliances for VMware and for the Amazon Web Services platform.
Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW