A stunningly thin and light design and excellent screen, let down by the lack of access to Google's Play Store
Amazon Kindle Fire preview: Amazon's Kindle Fire heats up the tablet market, but leaves Aussies out in the cold
Amazon Kindle 3 review: The best Kindle yet
An affordable eBook reader that comes with a 1500-title library
Hands on with Amazon's zippy, alluring Kindle
amazon kindle in pictures
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
When Amazon released its first-generation Kindle, the company was light years ahead of the market, with virtually no competition for digital readers’ eyeballs. In 2010, though, the e-reader universe is not only set to explode, but it’s also set to fragment. What defines an e-reader? Is it only a device with an electronic paper-like display? Is it a device (tablet or otherwise) that has an LCD screen? Or does software turn any device into an e-Reader?
Amazon has today launched a dedicated Australian Kindle Store and will officially sell its new Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX tablets in Australia, but the devices are more expensive than US models.
Amazon has announced that its new Kindle Paperwhite eReader is now available through Dick Smith and Big W retail outlets across Australia.
Dick Smith will sell Amazon's new Kindle Fire HD tablet in Australia, following last week's announcement that the device would finally be available Down Under.
Amazon will officially sell its Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and Kindle Fire HD tablets in Australia from next month, almost nine months since the devices officially went on sale in the US.
Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
The latest Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader is getting a lot of positive buzz, and for good reason. It's thin and light, has a touchscreen interface that's easy to navigate, and is priced the same (US$139, Wi-Fi) as Amazon's industry-leading Kindle.
If you pride yourself on being a bit of a bookworm, you need to buy an e-reader – end of story. While basic E-Ink models continue to enter the marketplace, the category has morphed to include all manner of fancy tools and features: from inbuilt WiFi ...
A Silicon Valley product development consulting firm called the Nielsen Norman Group (not to be confused with the Nielsen ratings company) published a study last week comparing reading performance with a book to reading with an e-reader. The results-...
Apple's iPad goes on sale April 3 in the US triggering a challenge by Amazon to keep customers interested in buying its Kindle e-book reader and e-books.
If the iPad doesn't succeed as a consumer electronics device--its initial target market--it may find a successful second career as an electronic textbook reader.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Asus' popular 144Hz gaming monitor has dropped to $205
- Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
- 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
- Microsoft's Docs.com is sharing dangerously sensitive personal files and information
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCUser Researcher/Business AnalysisACT
- CCPega TesterVIC
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT