A stunningly thin and light design and excellent screen, let down by the lack of access to Google's Play Store
Amazon Kindle Fire preview: Amazon's Kindle Fire heats up the tablet market, but leaves Aussies out in the cold
Amazon Kindle 3 review: The best Kindle yet
An affordable eBook reader that comes with a 1500-title library
Hands on with Amazon's zippy, alluring Kindle
amazon kindle in pictures
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
When Amazon released its first-generation Kindle, the company was light years ahead of the market, with virtually no competition for digital readers’ eyeballs. In 2010, though, the e-reader universe is not only set to explode, but it’s also set to fragment. What defines an e-reader? Is it only a device with an electronic paper-like display? Is it a device (tablet or otherwise) that has an LCD screen? Or does software turn any device into an e-Reader?
Amazon has today launched a dedicated Australian Kindle Store and will officially sell its new Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX tablets in Australia, but the devices are more expensive than US models.
Amazon has announced that its new Kindle Paperwhite eReader is now available through Dick Smith and Big W retail outlets across Australia.
Dick Smith will sell Amazon's new Kindle Fire HD tablet in Australia, following last week's announcement that the device would finally be available Down Under.
Amazon will officially sell its Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and Kindle Fire HD tablets in Australia from next month, almost nine months since the devices officially went on sale in the US.
Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
The latest Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader is getting a lot of positive buzz, and for good reason. It's thin and light, has a touchscreen interface that's easy to navigate, and is priced the same (US$139, Wi-Fi) as Amazon's industry-leading Kindle.
If you pride yourself on being a bit of a bookworm, you need to buy an e-reader – end of story. While basic E-Ink models continue to enter the marketplace, the category has morphed to include all manner of fancy tools and features: from inbuilt WiFi ...
A Silicon Valley product development consulting firm called the Nielsen Norman Group (not to be confused with the Nielsen ratings company) published a study last week comparing reading performance with a book to reading with an e-reader. The results-...
Apple's iPad goes on sale April 3 in the US triggering a challenge by Amazon to keep customers interested in buying its Kindle e-book reader and e-books.
If the iPad doesn't succeed as a consumer electronics device--its initial target market--it may find a successful second career as an electronic textbook reader.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCDemand ManagerNSW