Amazon Web Services is rolling out an offer on Nov. 1 for new customers that provides one year of access to a "micro instance" on its Elastic Compute Cloud, as well as a number of other services, at no charge.
Rackspace's contribution of code to a new open-source project called OpenStack could help establish a counterweight to larger and proprietary players like Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), according to some observers.
Eucalyptus Systems has released an update to the commercial version of its private cloud software, Eucalyptus Enterprise Edition.
Red Hat Cloud Access will let enterprises use their subscriptions to support either traditional on-premise servers or servers hosted on Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
There is still a misconception that Amazon Web Services exists to sell the company's excess server capacity, but that is not the case, CTO Werner Vogels said during a keynote at Cebit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW