Pursuing opportunities in the Internet of Things market, Intel has sealed a deal to buy Altera in an all-cash transaction valued at about $16.7 billion, which would be Intel's largest acquisition ever.
Intel, Altera said near a deal... Senate lets NSA dragnet expire... Asus promises 4-day smartwatch life...and more tech news.
Intel and Altera are apparently once again on speaking terms and said to be nearing a deal in which Intel would buy the smaller chip maker for US$15 billion.
Asia's crowds don't come out for Apple Watch... China has a 'Great Cannon'... Intel drops Altera bid... and more tech news.
Pebble Time breaks Kickstarter record...Tim Cook speaks out on discrimination...Intel is said to be considering Altera buy... and more tech news.
Intel's chips dominate servers in data centers, but the possible acquisition of Altera could help the company provide a wider variety of custom chips designed to speed up specific applications, analysts said on Friday.
Applied Micro Circuits is aiming to make its 64-bit chip for ARM servers more powerful and flexible through a collaboration with specialized chip maker Altera.
Intellectual Ventures, a patent portfolio developer and broker started by former Microsoft CTO Nathan Myhrvold, has filed patent lawsuits against nine tech companies, including Symantec, McAfee and Hynix Semiconductor.
Xilinx, which makes a range of chips often used in communications gear, plans to release its first 28-nanometer chips by the fourth quarter of this year to lower costs and attract new customers as the world pulls out of recession.
Texas Instruments pulled down its profit forecast for the December quarter by as much as two-thirds on Monday, and it also cut its revenue expectations, saying the economic downturn is having a powerful impact on the market for its chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW