Sweeping changes are being made to AldiMobile with revised plans, improved network speeds and the launch of a 5in smartphone in the lead up to Christmas.
Aldi is selling a 7in Android tablet designed for children for today only.
Aldi will sell the Medion LifeTab from April 26. The 7.85in tablet has an IPS screen with 1024x768 resolution. It runs the current version of Google’s mobile operating system, Android 4.4 KitKat.
A fault that temporarily prevented Aldi Mobile some customers from using cellular data services has been resolved according to a spokesperson for the MVNO.
Low cost MVNO Aldi will retire its ALDImobile $35 plan, which comes with 2500 call minutes and 2.5GB, on April 2. Replacing the plan is the company’s new XL plan which offers half the minutes and less than half the data.
Budget electronics company, Soniq, will enter the telecommunications market by offering its own range of plans and smartphones on another carrier’s network.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a new Android tablet for less than $200. The 9.7in Bauhn tablet packs a quad-core CPU, high-resolution camera and a healthy range of ports; however, budding customers will have to hurry on the day of its releas...
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a Wi-Fi, 8in Android tablet for just $129 from Wednesday, 4 December, it has advertised.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a re-run of a budget Android smartphone it advertised back in July, cutting $20 off the original price of the handset.
Low cost MVNO Aldi Mobile has halved the monthly data allowance on its unlimited pre-paid plan from 5GB to 2.5GB, just two months after the collapse of original wholesale provider ispONE.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a new Android smartphone in Australia from Wednesday, 11 September, but the device doesn't appear to represent good value for money.
Low cost MVNO Aldi Mobile will continue to operate as usual, after it struck a deal directly with Telstra wholesale following the collapse of original wholesale provider ispONE.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell an 8in Android tablet with 3G capabilities for $169 from Wednesday, 21 August, it has advertised.
German supermarket chain Aldi will again sell a 3G, quad-core Android tablet for $249, and will also stock a 4in Android smartphone with dual-SIM capabilities. Both devices are set to go on sale in Australia from Saturday, 13 July.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a 3G-capable, quad-core Android tablet running Google's Jelly Bean software in Australia for $249, but has warned consumers that stocks are likely to be limited.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC