It's a boom year for venture capital investing, and tech companies with the potential to disrupt business-as-usual are grabbing the lion's share of the money.
Airbnb will hand over information on 124 of its hosts in New York to comply with a request from the state attorney general, who is investigating the legality of the service, the company said Friday.
Uber and Airbnb, which have already proved popular with travelers and urbanites with smartphones, have unveiled new features and links to other services designed to attract more business users.
Airbnb won a break from rising legal scrutiny as a New York judge threw out a subpoena seeking mounds of data about people who have rented out their living spaces through the service.
Airbnb has a new service for San Francisco and Los Angeles travelers and residents who enjoy spontaneity, or at least who don't like to plan.
Breather, a startup offering a mobile app that lets users rent private rooms on demand, is looking to break ground in New York City.
Addressing his company's legal battle with New York over its users' data, Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky said on Tuesday that maybe the current laws shouldn't apply to the hosts who use its site to rent out rooms and apartments.
Airbnb has given its mobile app an overhaul to help hosts manage their bookings on the go, and launched new tools to help them connect with each other through the site.
Airbnb's dispute with New York state regulators heated up on Wednesday with the company saying it filed a motion in New York State Supreme Court, objecting to a subpoena for information on 15,000 participating hosts in the city.
The offices of Zynga, Pinterest, AirBnB and other companies in San Francisco's South of Market District were under lockdown Friday after a shooting at a nearby store located in the same building as AirBnB's headquarters.
Amsterdam authorities have conceded that people may rent out their rooms and houses on Airbnb as long as they don't do it all the time and abide by certain rules, the city government said on Friday.
The number of Amsterdam home and room rentals available on Airbnb is set to decline sharply as the local government aims to remove illegal hotel listings from the accommodation service.
In a move that might dampen the popularity of Airbnb's site for Amsterdam, the city government is now using the accommodation listing service as a source of tips about illegal rental property.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Kii offers an on-ramp to the Internet of things
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Software developer shortage transcends international boundaries
- SAP offering customers 'simpler' way to buy its Hana in-memory platform
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW