The battle between Australian ISP iiNet and a consortium of 34 film companies has taken another turn after the recent appeal dismissal, with an Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft press release stating the companies' intention to take their...
Australian Internet service provider iiNet has proposed the establishment of an independent body to police copyright infringement by Internet users.
Service providers, rights holders and internet users are anxiously awaiting news of whether the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will further appeal the decision against it today by the Federal Court, but both the industry body a...
The Federal Court today dismissed an appeal by Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) in its claim that Perth-based internet service provider iiNet had infringed on the copyrights of the film studios the body represents.
iiNet is convinced the Federal Court will reaffirm and strengthen its earlier copyright judgement which cleared the company of copyright breaches.
iiNet has sent a request to the Federal Court to put a stop to film studios' appeal against last month's decision to clear the Australian Internet service provider (ISP) of copyright breaches. The ISP filed a 'Notice of Contention' in the Federal Cou...
The Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) has appealed a decision handed down in the Federal Court earlier this month. Justice Dennis Cowdroy ruled that Internet service provider iiNet had not authorised its users to breach copyright,...
Australian ISPs have welcomed iiNet's win in a landmark Federal Court battle against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
The Internet Industry Association and Pirate Party Australia have both welcomed Federal Court Justice Dennis Cowdroy's ruling handed down today in a court case involving Australian ISP iiNet and the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFAC...
AFACT statement: Film industry disappointed by Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement
The official statement from AFACT on today's Federal Court ruling on online copyright infringement.
AFACT, representing Roadshow Films, Channel 7 and other film studios including Universal Pictures, Warner Bros Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, and Disney Enterprises attempted to...
Australian ISP iiNet has won a landmark Federal Court battle against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
In the closing stages of the iiNet vs AFACT case at the Federal Court of Australia, online debate about the pros and cons of each side's arguments continues unabated.
Internet service provider (ISP) iiNet continued to draw on a 2002 copyright case between Channel 9 and Channel 10 over segments broadcast on <i>The Panel</i> as part of its case against the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT).
Legal representatives for Internet Service Provider, iiNet, have claimed copyright infringement figures presented to the Federal Court of Australia by Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) in the civil case between the parties were “a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- Google Fit is getting a visual overhaul with new widget and Android Wear faces
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW