Aereo, which aimed to let customers stream live broadcast TV over the Web, is closing its Boston and New York offices and laying off employees in both locations.
Following Wednesday's adverse Supreme Court decision, Aereo will suspend its online service, which lets its subscribers watch "over the air" broadcast television via the Web.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that Web-based video streaming service Aereo, which rebroadcasts over-the-air television through antenna farms, violates the copyrights of TV networks.
If the U.S. Supreme Court rules that streaming video provider Aereo violates the copyrights of TV networks, it may also put cloud storage services at risk, the company's lawyer argued Monday.
The ability of television viewers to control and watch programs may be at stake when the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments Tuesday in a copyright infringement case brought by TV networks against Aereo, a service that streams over-the-air television ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC