Paying for an app in Google's online store, Google Play, will banish nagging in-app ads, but it won't dam the flow of personal information from your phone to marketers.
An IDC study has found sweeping changes in how mobile display advertisements are sold, with Facebook, Pandora and Twitter successfully wresting away control from advertising networks over the last year.
Mobile phone apps are accessing users' private data and transmitting it to remote servers far more than appears strictly necessary, while users have inadequate tools to monitor or control such access, according to a new study by two French government...
An advertising analytics company said it has discovered a botnet that generates upwards of US$6 million per month by generating bogus clicks on display advertisements.
Twitter is beefing up its self-service ad platform to give smaller businesses more targeting and analytics tools to reach potential customers on the site.
Google has removed some programs from its Play store that block web advertisements, contending the applications violate its rules by interfering with other services.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Facebook is buying Microsoft's Atlas Advertiser Suite, an ad analysis platform, in a move that should increase its advertising revenue and give marketers better information about their campaigns across the social network, on both desktop and mobile.
Google is rolling out a new version of AdWords that will allow advertisers to manage and bid for ads across computers, smartphones and other devices within the same campaign, in a bid to simplify mobile advertising.
Yahoo has signed a global advertising deal with Google that will result in Google ads appearing on some of Yahoo's websites, the companies announced Wednesday.
A recent push in the IT industry to collect and monetize big data is headed for a clash with privacy concerns from Internet users and potential regulation from some governments, according to tech analyst firm Ovum.
The High Court cleared Google on Wednesday of violating fair trade law by allowing companies to publish advertisements containing their competitors' names, handing a defeat to the country's fair trade regulator.
The European Commission has received Google's proposal to settle an antitrust investigation into the search engine's practices, a Commission spokesman said on Friday. But one industry organization said it has filed another antitrust complaint against...
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has identified new products and mobile investments as among several strategies aimed at keeping the company relevant as it tries to compete against the likes of Google and Facebook.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Windows 10 feature blocks desktop apps, points to Windows Store instead
- HTC's new Vive payment plans diffuse the high cost of PC virtual reality
- Lenovo's Yoga 720 brings a bit of game with discrete GTX 1050 graphics
- Lenovo's $199 Miix 320 laptop may challenge cheap Chromebooks
- Draytek Vigor 2952 SMB router overview
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW