Paying for an app in Google's online store, Google Play, will banish nagging in-app ads, but it won't dam the flow of personal information from your phone to marketers.
An IDC study has found sweeping changes in how mobile display advertisements are sold, with Facebook, Pandora and Twitter successfully wresting away control from advertising networks over the last year.
Mobile phone apps are accessing users' private data and transmitting it to remote servers far more than appears strictly necessary, while users have inadequate tools to monitor or control such access, according to a new study by two French government...
An advertising analytics company said it has discovered a botnet that generates upwards of US$6 million per month by generating bogus clicks on display advertisements.
Twitter is beefing up its self-service ad platform to give smaller businesses more targeting and analytics tools to reach potential customers on the site.
Google has removed some programs from its Play store that block web advertisements, contending the applications violate its rules by interfering with other services.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Facebook is buying Microsoft's Atlas Advertiser Suite, an ad analysis platform, in a move that should increase its advertising revenue and give marketers better information about their campaigns across the social network, on both desktop and mobile.
Google is rolling out a new version of AdWords that will allow advertisers to manage and bid for ads across computers, smartphones and other devices within the same campaign, in a bid to simplify mobile advertising.
Yahoo has signed a global advertising deal with Google that will result in Google ads appearing on some of Yahoo's websites, the companies announced Wednesday.
A recent push in the IT industry to collect and monetize big data is headed for a clash with privacy concerns from Internet users and potential regulation from some governments, according to tech analyst firm Ovum.
The High Court cleared Google on Wednesday of violating fair trade law by allowing companies to publish advertisements containing their competitors' names, handing a defeat to the country's fair trade regulator.
The European Commission has received Google's proposal to settle an antitrust investigation into the search engine's practices, a Commission spokesman said on Friday. But one industry organization said it has filed another antitrust complaint against...
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has identified new products and mobile investments as among several strategies aimed at keeping the company relevant as it tries to compete against the likes of Google and Facebook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTTest LeadQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD