Paying for an app in Google's online store, Google Play, will banish nagging in-app ads, but it won't dam the flow of personal information from your phone to marketers.
An IDC study has found sweeping changes in how mobile display advertisements are sold, with Facebook, Pandora and Twitter successfully wresting away control from advertising networks over the last year.
Mobile phone apps are accessing users' private data and transmitting it to remote servers far more than appears strictly necessary, while users have inadequate tools to monitor or control such access, according to a new study by two French government...
An advertising analytics company said it has discovered a botnet that generates upwards of US$6 million per month by generating bogus clicks on display advertisements.
Twitter is beefing up its self-service ad platform to give smaller businesses more targeting and analytics tools to reach potential customers on the site.
Google has removed some programs from its Play store that block web advertisements, contending the applications violate its rules by interfering with other services.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Facebook is buying Microsoft's Atlas Advertiser Suite, an ad analysis platform, in a move that should increase its advertising revenue and give marketers better information about their campaigns across the social network, on both desktop and mobile.
Google is rolling out a new version of AdWords that will allow advertisers to manage and bid for ads across computers, smartphones and other devices within the same campaign, in a bid to simplify mobile advertising.
Yahoo has signed a global advertising deal with Google that will result in Google ads appearing on some of Yahoo's websites, the companies announced Wednesday.
A recent push in the IT industry to collect and monetize big data is headed for a clash with privacy concerns from Internet users and potential regulation from some governments, according to tech analyst firm Ovum.
The High Court cleared Google on Wednesday of violating fair trade law by allowing companies to publish advertisements containing their competitors' names, handing a defeat to the country's fair trade regulator.
The European Commission has received Google's proposal to settle an antitrust investigation into the search engine's practices, a Commission spokesman said on Friday. But one industry organization said it has filed another antitrust complaint against...
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has identified new products and mobile investments as among several strategies aimed at keeping the company relevant as it tries to compete against the likes of Google and Facebook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTFinance AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC