Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
Recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's massive data collection programs illustrates the need for a new privacy debate about the implications of big data, some privacy advocates said Tuesday.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
The Australian Sex Party, a political organization, has a hard time getting some love from Google.
Facebook wants to be clear: It can use the names, profile pictures and other data of its members to deliver ads on the site.
Yahoo has redesigned its Sports, Movies, Music, TV, omg, Games and Weather sites with a more consistent look and some personalized tools, the company said Tuesday.
A U.S. judge has put a stamp of approval on a US$20 million fund for Facebook to settle a class-action advertising suit, despite objections from groups representing minors on the site.
Twitter has announced a new program to analyze some users' activity on the site to give marketers better information about how companies' tweets impact sales in physical stores.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Yahoo has bought ad tech startup Admovate to grow its mobile advertising sales and provide a stronger channel for personalised display advertising.
The World Wide Web Consortium has rejected an attempt by the advertising industry to hijack a specification describing how websites should respond to "do not track" requests sent by Web browsers.
A group of U.S. companies operating Internet advertising networks has pledged to bar websites trafficking in pirated goods from using their services and to take other steps to fight online copyright infringement.
Twitter is working on some new approaches to offer more personalised ads to users, partly based on their online activity outside of the social network.
Facebook is launching an aggressive strategy for better detecting violent, graphic, sexual and otherwise controversial content across its site and removing ads that appear alongside that content.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCF5 Infrastructure AdministratorNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA