Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
Recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's massive data collection programs illustrates the need for a new privacy debate about the implications of big data, some privacy advocates said Tuesday.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
The Australian Sex Party, a political organization, has a hard time getting some love from Google.
Facebook wants to be clear: It can use the names, profile pictures and other data of its members to deliver ads on the site.
Yahoo has redesigned its Sports, Movies, Music, TV, omg, Games and Weather sites with a more consistent look and some personalized tools, the company said Tuesday.
A U.S. judge has put a stamp of approval on a US$20 million fund for Facebook to settle a class-action advertising suit, despite objections from groups representing minors on the site.
Twitter has announced a new program to analyze some users' activity on the site to give marketers better information about how companies' tweets impact sales in physical stores.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Yahoo has bought ad tech startup Admovate to grow its mobile advertising sales and provide a stronger channel for personalised display advertising.
The World Wide Web Consortium has rejected an attempt by the advertising industry to hijack a specification describing how websites should respond to "do not track" requests sent by Web browsers.
A group of U.S. companies operating Internet advertising networks has pledged to bar websites trafficking in pirated goods from using their services and to take other steps to fight online copyright infringement.
Twitter is working on some new approaches to offer more personalised ads to users, partly based on their online activity outside of the social network.
Facebook is launching an aggressive strategy for better detecting violent, graphic, sexual and otherwise controversial content across its site and removing ads that appear alongside that content.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA