Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
Recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's massive data collection programs illustrates the need for a new privacy debate about the implications of big data, some privacy advocates said Tuesday.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
The Australian Sex Party, a political organization, has a hard time getting some love from Google.
Facebook wants to be clear: It can use the names, profile pictures and other data of its members to deliver ads on the site.
Yahoo has redesigned its Sports, Movies, Music, TV, omg, Games and Weather sites with a more consistent look and some personalized tools, the company said Tuesday.
A U.S. judge has put a stamp of approval on a US$20 million fund for Facebook to settle a class-action advertising suit, despite objections from groups representing minors on the site.
Twitter has announced a new program to analyze some users' activity on the site to give marketers better information about how companies' tweets impact sales in physical stores.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Yahoo has bought ad tech startup Admovate to grow its mobile advertising sales and provide a stronger channel for personalised display advertising.
The World Wide Web Consortium has rejected an attempt by the advertising industry to hijack a specification describing how websites should respond to "do not track" requests sent by Web browsers.
A group of U.S. companies operating Internet advertising networks has pledged to bar websites trafficking in pirated goods from using their services and to take other steps to fight online copyright infringement.
Twitter is working on some new approaches to offer more personalised ads to users, partly based on their online activity outside of the social network.
Facebook is launching an aggressive strategy for better detecting violent, graphic, sexual and otherwise controversial content across its site and removing ads that appear alongside that content.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD