Facebook wants to make its ads less annoying to users by only showing them what they want to see, even if it means a dip in ad exposure for some marketers.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
Recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's massive data collection programs illustrates the need for a new privacy debate about the implications of big data, some privacy advocates said Tuesday.
Twitter has acquired MoPub, a mobile-focused advertising exchange that could help the social network grow its ad business as more users move away from the desktop.
The Australian Sex Party, a political organization, has a hard time getting some love from Google.
Facebook wants to be clear: It can use the names, profile pictures and other data of its members to deliver ads on the site.
Yahoo has redesigned its Sports, Movies, Music, TV, omg, Games and Weather sites with a more consistent look and some personalized tools, the company said Tuesday.
A U.S. judge has put a stamp of approval on a US$20 million fund for Facebook to settle a class-action advertising suit, despite objections from groups representing minors on the site.
Twitter has announced a new program to analyze some users' activity on the site to give marketers better information about how companies' tweets impact sales in physical stores.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Yahoo has bought ad tech startup Admovate to grow its mobile advertising sales and provide a stronger channel for personalised display advertising.
The World Wide Web Consortium has rejected an attempt by the advertising industry to hijack a specification describing how websites should respond to "do not track" requests sent by Web browsers.
A group of U.S. companies operating Internet advertising networks has pledged to bar websites trafficking in pirated goods from using their services and to take other steps to fight online copyright infringement.
Twitter is working on some new approaches to offer more personalised ads to users, partly based on their online activity outside of the social network.
Facebook is launching an aggressive strategy for better detecting violent, graphic, sexual and otherwise controversial content across its site and removing ads that appear alongside that content.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Amaysim wins with lowest TIO complaints
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA