Ads have long been part of the trade-off for users of the free Web, but the rise of ad blockers is making it increasingly difficult for publishers to sustain that ad-supported model.
Facebook is giving businesses more reasons to use Facebook Messenger to reach customers.
For years now, checking the "do-not-track" option on your browser has been little more than wishful thinking on the part of users who care about privacy online. But now a group led by the Electronic Frontier Foundation is looking to make that a more ...
Yahoo said Monday it had removed malware from its advertising network, after malicious code there had gone undetected for at least six days.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Google is now requiring that publishers that carry its ads comply with a European Union directive and ask their site visitors' for permission before setting cookies on their computers.
Upwards of 10 million people may have visited websites carrying malicious advertisements in the last ten days, possibly infecting their computers with malware, according to computer security company Cyphort.
Most mobile web users are all too familiar with the infamous "interstitial" ad that often pops up to promote a website's native app, but this week Google did them a favor and eliminated its own such ads.
The online advertising industry is marshaling a fresh effort to fight click fraud, which steals money from advertisers and undermines faith in online campaigns.
Google's stock jumped more than 7 per cent in the after-market hours on Thursday, after the company reported strong earnings results for the second quarter.
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
A lawsuit alleging that security software from Avira improperly blocked downloads of a software bundle that presented itself primarily as an Angry Birds-style game has been dismissed.
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
Twitter has moved well beyond its foundation of 140-character messages. The site will now host videos that play automatically in users' feeds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Voice & VideoACT
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW