Ads have long been part of the trade-off for users of the free Web, but the rise of ad blockers is making it increasingly difficult for publishers to sustain that ad-supported model.
Facebook is giving businesses more reasons to use Facebook Messenger to reach customers.
For years now, checking the "do-not-track" option on your browser has been little more than wishful thinking on the part of users who care about privacy online. But now a group led by the Electronic Frontier Foundation is looking to make that a more ...
Yahoo said Monday it had removed malware from its advertising network, after malicious code there had gone undetected for at least six days.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Google is now requiring that publishers that carry its ads comply with a European Union directive and ask their site visitors' for permission before setting cookies on their computers.
Upwards of 10 million people may have visited websites carrying malicious advertisements in the last ten days, possibly infecting their computers with malware, according to computer security company Cyphort.
Most mobile web users are all too familiar with the infamous "interstitial" ad that often pops up to promote a website's native app, but this week Google did them a favor and eliminated its own such ads.
The online advertising industry is marshaling a fresh effort to fight click fraud, which steals money from advertisers and undermines faith in online campaigns.
Google's stock jumped more than 7 per cent in the after-market hours on Thursday, after the company reported strong earnings results for the second quarter.
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
A lawsuit alleging that security software from Avira improperly blocked downloads of a software bundle that presented itself primarily as an Angry Birds-style game has been dismissed.
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
Twitter has moved well beyond its foundation of 140-character messages. The site will now host videos that play automatically in users' feeds.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPInternal Controls Specialist - BAQLD
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA