Ads have long been part of the trade-off for users of the free Web, but the rise of ad blockers is making it increasingly difficult for publishers to sustain that ad-supported model.
Facebook is giving businesses more reasons to use Facebook Messenger to reach customers.
For years now, checking the "do-not-track" option on your browser has been little more than wishful thinking on the part of users who care about privacy online. But now a group led by the Electronic Frontier Foundation is looking to make that a more ...
Yahoo said Monday it had removed malware from its advertising network, after malicious code there had gone undetected for at least six days.
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
Twitter reported a higher than expected increase in revenue on Tuesday, suggesting progress in the company's efforts to grow its ad sales.
Google is now requiring that publishers that carry its ads comply with a European Union directive and ask their site visitors' for permission before setting cookies on their computers.
Upwards of 10 million people may have visited websites carrying malicious advertisements in the last ten days, possibly infecting their computers with malware, according to computer security company Cyphort.
Most mobile web users are all too familiar with the infamous "interstitial" ad that often pops up to promote a website's native app, but this week Google did them a favor and eliminated its own such ads.
The online advertising industry is marshaling a fresh effort to fight click fraud, which steals money from advertisers and undermines faith in online campaigns.
Google's stock jumped more than 7 per cent in the after-market hours on Thursday, after the company reported strong earnings results for the second quarter.
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
A lawsuit alleging that security software from Avira improperly blocked downloads of a software bundle that presented itself primarily as an Angry Birds-style game has been dismissed.
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
Twitter has moved well beyond its foundation of 140-character messages. The site will now host videos that play automatically in users' feeds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW