Advanced Micro Devices wants to bring console-quality gaming to Linux users by porting its Mantle gaming tools to the OS.
Advanced Micro Devices has combined product groups and promoted two executives for the next phase of its planned multiple-year strategy to maintain profitability.
Intel lost its appeal against a €1.06 billion (US$1.44 billion) antitrust fine on Thursday when the General Court of the European Union upheld a 2009 ruling by the European Commission that the company had abused its dominant market position.
AMD's high-performance FX desktop processors were on ice recently, but the product line is getting a new lease of life by going into laptops for the first time.
Thin-and-light laptops have so far had to compromise on graphics to extend battery life, but Advanced Micro Devices wants to change that with its new laptop processors called Kaveri.
Traditionally viewed as a geek's paradise, the Computex trade show will turn into a battlefield for the body next week.
After flirting with the idea for more than a year, Advanced Micro Devices has finally provided concrete details for bringing Android to its chips as the company looks to support more operating systems beyond Windows.
Advanced Micro Devices is bridging the gap between the x86 and ARM chip architectures and is also bringing Android support to its chips next year through a new development effort called Project Skybridge.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes its latest Mullins tablet processor will find acceptance after three failed predecessors and a handful of unsuccessful devices.
Game consoles helped Advanced Micro Devices pick up market share in x86 processors during the first quarter of this year, while rival Intel's share dipped slightly.
Advanced Micro Devices doesn't want its chips in low-priced tablets, and is eager to avoid a battle with Intel or ARM, whose chips have driven tablet prices down to under US$100.
Advanced Micro Devices' bottom line changed from black to red on Thursday when the company posted a loss after two straight quarters of profits.
Windows and Xbox games will receive a significant graphics and performance boost with Microsoft's new DirectX 12, a set of application programming interfaces and tools used in PC games.
Advanced Micro Devices has moved its desktop chip business operations from the U.S. to the growing market of China, adding to its research lab and testing plant there.
Advanced Micro Devices' Sempron processor brand has polarized chip fans since its 2004 introduction in laptops, but a fresh batch of the processors is being targeted at its desktop fan base.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC