Advanced Micro Devices wants its chips in more laptops, and is devising a new strategy to reverse a free fall it has endured in the PC market over the last few years.
In an era of slick gadgets, PCs are the dinosaurs, ensnared in wire clutter, sporting tired 2D cameras and stricken with the occasional blue screen of death. Technology coming up in 2015, though, is set to make PCs more interactive, fun and perhaps n...
Advanced Micro Devices' interest in tablets has waned as the company restructures operations in an effort to turn around its finances.
Open-source computers have so far lacked good graphics, but Gizmosphere's new Gizmo 2 is an exception.
The leadership shakeup at Advanced Micro Devices continued on Monday with the company appointing Forrest Norrod, formerly from Dell, to run its server and custom chip businesses.
AMD's new chief is making her mark quickly: By the end of 2014, the chipmaker will cut worldwide headcount by about 7 percent in a restructuring plan it hopes will put it on the path to improved profits.
Advanced Micro Devices has a new CEO, Lisa Su, who will now try to stabilize a company that's attempting to diversify into new markets outside PCs and servers.
Advanced Micro Devices is targeting mid-range desktops with its latest high-end FX chips based on the Piledriver architecture.
Advanced Micro Devices may be willing to make custom ARM server chips for customers, much like it made custom chips for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 game consoles.
Chipmakers want to make hardware the first layer of defense against data breaches and other attacks on tablets and smartphones.
Advanced Micro Devices has stepped up its supercomputer battle with Nvidia, claiming the graphics performance crown with its fastest server GPU offering yet, the FirePro S9150.
Advanced Micro Devices wants to help gamers build cheaper, smaller desktops through new processors the company started shipping on Thursday
Advanced Micro Devices is moving closer to a motherboard design that will accept both x86 and ARM chips with the shipment of its first 64-bit ARM board.
With Google, IBM, SAP, Intel and other tech titans reporting earnings this week, the focus is again on mobile and cloud technology. The general trend appears to be that the further a tech vendor has moved away from its legacy desktop-oriented product...
A rebound in the PC market aided Intel's earnings earlier this week, but did not help rival Advanced Micro Devices, which recorded a net loss for the second quarter, even as a shift in its business focus to graphics cards and custom chips boosted rev...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW