Photoshop's Lens Flare filter is an effect that's been so over used over the years, it's become something of a cliche in digital illustration. Which is a shame, since in the right situation, it can provide a powerful lighting enhancement to a piece.
The ability to dream up and design cool, dynamic people is a good skill for any graphic designer to have under their belt, whether you’re basing whole graphic novels around them or just using them to add a quirky twist to flyers or T-shirt designs.
Patterns are everywhere. Look around and you'll probably see one right now. It might be a pattern on a tie, a shirt, trousers, a paper cup, bathroom tiles, an umbrella, on a bag, a sofa, wrapping paper… the list goes on and on.
Want to create a beautiful, dreamlike painting full of subtle details but with a bold 80s colour scheme? Design duo KittoZutto show you how in this tutorial on creating an airbrushed portrait tapping the glory days of Athena posters.
Kyle DeTella makes heavy use of Photoshop's Warp and Burn tools to create an abstraction composition based on his current work.
Here, illustrator Ciara Phelan shows you how to hone your cut-out skills to prepare images for collaging. You’ll also learn some handy tricks to give your images a vintage look.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT