Twenty years ago, Adobe Systems Inc. introduced a little program called Photoshop -- and launched desktop graphics as we know it.
Nearly a week after an unidentified hacker posted attack code that exploits a flaw in Adobe's Illustrator software, the company says it will fix the issue by Jan. 8.
The ability to dream up and design cool, dynamic people is a good skill for any graphic designer to have under their belt, whether you’re basing whole graphic novels around them or just using them to add a quirky twist to flyers or T-shirt designs.
Patterns are everywhere. Look around and you'll probably see one right now. It might be a pattern on a tie, a shirt, trousers, a paper cup, bathroom tiles, an umbrella, on a bag, a sofa, wrapping paper… the list goes on and on.
What's tastier than an iced doughnut with sprinkles? A whole plate of yummy cakes, that's what. If you're looking to create a series of characters based on a theme, what better one to sample than one of Aaron Miller's delightful confections?
In this tutorial, Gordon Reid -- who works under the creative handle Middle Boop -- shows how he blended retro imagery and colour schemes with digital technology to create a stunning cover image for Digital Arts Magazine.
Illustrator allows you to create art of all varieties, from the highly stylized to the photorealistic. Here, digital design expert James Arnott shows how to make an impressively realistic and convincing wine glass using the software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW