With upgrades to its Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR application development technologies Monday, Adobe Systems is taking a decidedly mobile bent.
Adobe on Monday introduced the Flash Player 10.1 and AIR platform for the Google Android mobile operating system. With this announcement, Adobe plans to present the AIR platform as a tool for building mobile apps that run on multiple phone platforms.
While Flash Player got most of the attention at Adobe Systems' developer conference this week, the company also announced an update to Adobe AIR, a runtime environment that allows Flash programs to run offline on the desktop.
Adobe has issued a range of patches for its most popular software to head off malware-pushing assaults that use poisoned PDF files to trigger a flaw in Flash.
The release of Adobe's AIR runtime platform was supposed to inspire the development of sophisticated business applications to take advantage of its media-rich capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW