With upgrades to its Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR application development technologies Monday, Adobe Systems is taking a decidedly mobile bent.
Adobe on Monday introduced the Flash Player 10.1 and AIR platform for the Google Android mobile operating system. With this announcement, Adobe plans to present the AIR platform as a tool for building mobile apps that run on multiple phone platforms.
While Flash Player got most of the attention at Adobe Systems' developer conference this week, the company also announced an update to Adobe AIR, a runtime environment that allows Flash programs to run offline on the desktop.
Adobe has issued a range of patches for its most popular software to head off malware-pushing assaults that use poisoned PDF files to trigger a flaw in Flash.
The release of Adobe's AIR runtime platform was supposed to inspire the development of sophisticated business applications to take advantage of its media-rich capabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW