With upgrades to its Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR application development technologies Monday, Adobe Systems is taking a decidedly mobile bent.
Adobe on Monday introduced the Flash Player 10.1 and AIR platform for the Google Android mobile operating system. With this announcement, Adobe plans to present the AIR platform as a tool for building mobile apps that run on multiple phone platforms.
While Flash Player got most of the attention at Adobe Systems' developer conference this week, the company also announced an update to Adobe AIR, a runtime environment that allows Flash programs to run offline on the desktop.
Adobe has issued a range of patches for its most popular software to head off malware-pushing assaults that use poisoned PDF files to trigger a flaw in Flash.
The release of Adobe's AIR runtime platform was supposed to inspire the development of sophisticated business applications to take advantage of its media-rich capabilities.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT