Police in South Korea said they had raided Google's Korea head office in Seoul on Tuesday on suspicion that the subsidiary of the search engine company had illegally collected location data from application subscribers.
Google's AdMob business could not deliver advertising through iAd if Apple began enforcing a policy that restricts the involvement of companies that have their own mobile operating systems, said Omar Hamoui, vice president of mobile ads at Google.
U.S. regulators are planning to investigate whether Apple is shutting out third parties such as Google and Microsoft in advertising the iPhone and iPad, according to a report published by the Financial Times on Thursday.
Google today attacked Apple's apparent decision to ban some third-party ad networks from collecting ad performance data on the iPhone and iPad.
After intense scrutiny to ensure the acquisition won't make Google a de facto monopoly in mobile advertising, Google's purchase of AdMob got the regulatory green light and was finalized this past week. The upcoming launch of Apple iAds played a funda...
Latest News Articles
- Republicans: HealthCare.gov shows government incompetence
- Joyent polishes Node.js with commercial support package
- Ruby on Rails security updates patch XSS, DoS vulnerabilities
- Hacker-built drone can hunt, hijack other drones
- Linux gaming may advance as Valve joins open-source association
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
- 3 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 4 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 5 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »