Windows Live Hotmail users have been venting their frustration at Microsoft Corp. for the past month since the software maker suddenly removed a popular feature because it created a security hole.
Three of the critical vulnerabilities Microsoft patched Tuesday in ActiveX controls for Office were first reported to the company two years ago, according to the security firm that alerted Microsoft of the flaws.
Microsoft yesterday confirmed that a single superfluous character in its own development code is responsible for the bug that has let hackers exploit Internet Explorer (IE) since early July.
As promised, Microsoft today patched six vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer (IE) and Visual Studio with the first "out-of-cycle" update since it plugged a hole last October that the Conficker worm later used to run rampant.
Microsoft has been forced to issue emergency patches for its Windows operating system after researchers discovered a way to bypass a critical security mechanism in the Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft today warned of a serious security vulnerability in a Spreadsheet ActiveX control that could allow for a drive-by-download attack against vulnerable PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia