Windows Live Hotmail users have been venting their frustration at Microsoft Corp. for the past month since the software maker suddenly removed a popular feature because it created a security hole.
Three of the critical vulnerabilities Microsoft patched Tuesday in ActiveX controls for Office were first reported to the company two years ago, according to the security firm that alerted Microsoft of the flaws.
Microsoft yesterday confirmed that a single superfluous character in its own development code is responsible for the bug that has let hackers exploit Internet Explorer (IE) since early July.
As promised, Microsoft today patched six vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer (IE) and Visual Studio with the first "out-of-cycle" update since it plugged a hole last October that the Conficker worm later used to run rampant.
Microsoft has been forced to issue emergency patches for its Windows operating system after researchers discovered a way to bypass a critical security mechanism in the Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft today warned of a serious security vulnerability in a Spreadsheet ActiveX control that could allow for a drive-by-download attack against vulnerable PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT