The Acer Aspire One 522 (model BZ897) delivers a good, classic netbook for a very reasonable price ($330 as of March 18, 2011). Petite and slim with a handsome 10.1-inch widescreen LED-backlit display, a 250GB hard drive, an integrated 1.3-megapixel ...
Sales of Apple's iPad battered Acer's netbooks and notebooks sales so badly that Dell was able to regain its second-place position in the global PC market.
Acer today announced that it will launch a new media centre PC in April. The Acer Revo 100 includes a combination touchpad and touch keyboard that slots inside the PC's case when not in use.
Web surfers tired of waiting for the official release of hardware featuring Google's Chrome OS now have a browser-based alternative right at their fingertips: Splashtop Linux 1.0, a downloadable instant-on operating system tailored to life in the clo...
Not only are consumer IT products finding their way into the enterprise, they're also finding their way back into Cebit, one of the world's biggest professional IT shows, which opens in Hanover, Germany, next week.
Apple Computer stands to lose its No. 1 rank in mobile PC sales this year as Hewlett-Packard and even Motorola eat into its market share, research firm DisplaySearch said late Tuesday.
An intriguing report on German news site Heise.de on Monday unveiled a cheap monitor that includes built-in PC functionality. The Acer DX241H is an otherwise standard 1920x1080 pixel HDMI monitor, but it also features an operating system running on t...
Rising world oil prices threaten to raise the cost of consumer electronics and slow development by forcing Asian manufacturers to spend more on transportation and raw materials, regional economists say.
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
Acer announced a new smartphone on Tuesday as the world's second largest PC maker takes another step into mobile devices.
Taiwan's top computer makers such as Acer and Asustek expect dips in first-quarter shipments as they stop early sales of units containing potentially flawed chipsets recalled by Intel.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Acer, one of the world's top PC vendors, reported record high revenue of $NT629.7 billion ($US19.9 billion) in 2010 and profits in its core business, the company said on Wednesday.
Asustek Computer, a top manufacturer of netbook PCs, anticipates a global slowdown in growth of the lightweight laptops as tablets gain ground.
Acer on Wednesday in a statement said that it has no plans to phase out netbooks as it increases its focus on tablets.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- TPData Analyst - Business IntelligenceQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW