An intriguing report on German news site Heise.de on Monday unveiled a cheap monitor that includes built-in PC functionality. The Acer DX241H is an otherwise standard 1920x1080 pixel HDMI monitor, but it also features an operating system running on t...
Rising world oil prices threaten to raise the cost of consumer electronics and slow development by forcing Asian manufacturers to spend more on transportation and raw materials, regional economists say.
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
Acer announced a new smartphone on Tuesday as the world's second largest PC maker takes another step into mobile devices.
Taiwan's top computer makers such as Acer and Asustek expect dips in first-quarter shipments as they stop early sales of units containing potentially flawed chipsets recalled by Intel.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Acer, one of the world's top PC vendors, reported record high revenue of $NT629.7 billion ($US19.9 billion) in 2010 and profits in its core business, the company said on Wednesday.
Asustek Computer, a top manufacturer of netbook PCs, anticipates a global slowdown in growth of the lightweight laptops as tablets gain ground.
Acer on Wednesday in a statement said that it has no plans to phase out netbooks as it increases its focus on tablets.
Acer will begin selling two or three new tablet PCs in the first half of the year, including one with a seven-inch screen, a company sales manager said on Monday.
Compal Electronics, one of the world’s biggest contract laptop makers, will raise component prices this year to shore up a drop in profits, affecting computers made for Acer, Dell and Hewlett-Packard, the company said on Wednesday.
A faster, more secure and energy-efficient update to the WiMax wireless Internet standard will get final approval and see commercialization within a year, industry officials said on Monday.
Dolby's new PC Entertainment Experience 4, or PPEv4, pushes the capacity of one of the weakest sound players on the planet: the laptop. Built into the new line of Acer Aspire Ethos computers, PPEv4 sounded great and didn’t disappoint at CES this week...
Thanks to a handful of emerging technologies, virtual touch-screen keyboards are getting closer to the feel of real electromechanical keyboards. Enhancements such as tactile feedback and surfaces that change to mimic physical keys could eventually re...
Coinciding with the launch of Intel's new 2nd Generation Core processors, AMD's Fusion processors, and the 2011 CES, Acer is unveiling a string of new laptops aimed at enthusiasts and gamers. The Aspire 5750, 5750G, and 7750G are available with Intel...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW