Acer today announced that it will launch a new media centre PC in April. The Acer Revo 100 includes a combination touchpad and touch keyboard that slots inside the PC's case when not in use.
Web surfers tired of waiting for the official release of hardware featuring Google's Chrome OS now have a browser-based alternative right at their fingertips: Splashtop Linux 1.0, a downloadable instant-on operating system tailored to life in the clo...
Not only are consumer IT products finding their way into the enterprise, they're also finding their way back into Cebit, one of the world's biggest professional IT shows, which opens in Hanover, Germany, next week.
Apple Computer stands to lose its No. 1 rank in mobile PC sales this year as Hewlett-Packard and even Motorola eat into its market share, research firm DisplaySearch said late Tuesday.
An intriguing report on German news site Heise.de on Monday unveiled a cheap monitor that includes built-in PC functionality. The Acer DX241H is an otherwise standard 1920x1080 pixel HDMI monitor, but it also features an operating system running on t...
Rising world oil prices threaten to raise the cost of consumer electronics and slow development by forcing Asian manufacturers to spend more on transportation and raw materials, regional economists say.
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
Acer announced a new smartphone on Tuesday as the world's second largest PC maker takes another step into mobile devices.
Taiwan's top computer makers such as Acer and Asustek expect dips in first-quarter shipments as they stop early sales of units containing potentially flawed chipsets recalled by Intel.
When is a tablet not a tablet? When it's a PC.
Acer, one of the world's top PC vendors, reported record high revenue of $NT629.7 billion ($US19.9 billion) in 2010 and profits in its core business, the company said on Wednesday.
Asustek Computer, a top manufacturer of netbook PCs, anticipates a global slowdown in growth of the lightweight laptops as tablets gain ground.
Acer on Wednesday in a statement said that it has no plans to phase out netbooks as it increases its focus on tablets.
Acer will begin selling two or three new tablet PCs in the first half of the year, including one with a seven-inch screen, a company sales manager said on Monday.
Compal Electronics, one of the world’s biggest contract laptop makers, will raise component prices this year to shore up a drop in profits, affecting computers made for Acer, Dell and Hewlett-Packard, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW