Asustek Computer, a top manufacturer of netbook PCs, anticipates a global slowdown in growth of the lightweight laptops as tablets gain ground.
Acer on Wednesday in a statement said that it has no plans to phase out netbooks as it increases its focus on tablets.
Acer will begin selling two or three new tablet PCs in the first half of the year, including one with a seven-inch screen, a company sales manager said on Monday.
Compal Electronics, one of the world’s biggest contract laptop makers, will raise component prices this year to shore up a drop in profits, affecting computers made for Acer, Dell and Hewlett-Packard, the company said on Wednesday.
A faster, more secure and energy-efficient update to the WiMax wireless Internet standard will get final approval and see commercialization within a year, industry officials said on Monday.
Dolby's new PC Entertainment Experience 4, or PPEv4, pushes the capacity of one of the weakest sound players on the planet: the laptop. Built into the new line of Acer Aspire Ethos computers, PPEv4 sounded great and didn’t disappoint at CES this week...
Thanks to a handful of emerging technologies, virtual touch-screen keyboards are getting closer to the feel of real electromechanical keyboards. Enhancements such as tactile feedback and surfaces that change to mimic physical keys could eventually re...
Coinciding with the launch of Intel's new 2nd Generation Core processors, AMD's Fusion processors, and the 2011 CES, Acer is unveiling a string of new laptops aimed at enthusiasts and gamers. The Aspire 5750, 5750G, and 7750G are available with Intel...
Feeling a bit of MacBook Air envy, Acer, Asus and Lenovo may soon offer alternatives to Apple's ultra-thin computer, according to Digitimes.
Google's prototype Chrome OS laptops do not yet support Java, and support for Flash Player 10.1 is being called a "work in progress."
The price of DRAM, the main memory inside personal computers, will likely keep falling throughout the first half of next year before a recovery takes hold, analysts and market researchers say.
Are physical keyboards soon going to be a thing of the past? At a splashy event here in New York City, Acer Tuesday announced its new concept for a laptop: The Acer Iconia. The name's gravitas is appropriate given that it's the first laptop to ditch ...
Acer executives on Tuesday previewed tablet computers planned for release next year, including three Android-based devices and one that runs Windows. They also detailed plans to introduce a portable computer that has the form factor of a laptop but r...
Not content to gobble up smartphone market share, the Android operating system is poised to capture 15 per cent of the tablet market in 2011, according to IMS Research.
Fans of Android and Windows 7 have a reason to smile with the release of the Acer Aspire One Happy netbook that runs the two operating systems side-by-side without the need to reboot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Winners of our ESET Antivirus competition announced
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
- Microsoft's new Tossup app tries to simplify getting friends together
- Humans again to blame for latest accidents involving Google autonomous cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW