SmartThings, the home automation company Samsung Electronics acquired last August, has delayed the launch of its new home hub and sensors to the third quarter, as it works to improve performance and stability.
The much-heralded Apple Watch will ship on April 24 with price tags ranging from $499 for the Sports edition all the way up to $14,000 or more for a limited-edition model in 18kt gold, Apple said Monday.
LG Electronics has developed its own OS for the Watch Urbane LTE smartwatch, and while the software impresses the hardware it runs on will prevent the watch from becoming anything but a very niche product.
Smartwatch maker Pebble's platform is now compatible with apps for Google's Android Wear OS, letting users see and respond to notifications from their wrists.
If the Internet of Things didn't quite proliferate in 2014, at least IoT industry groups and standards bodies did.
If anyone could use a hit product right now, it's Sony. But its latest smartglasses won't win people over from Google Glass despite having a better display.
Danish company Cyclister hopes to add bicycles to the list of resources people are willing to share for a price.
Lenovo has posted pictures of its own wearable smartband, hinting that the company could be preparing to launch the product soon.
American musician-cum-entrepreneur Will.i.am thinks he's got a radical gadget to beat the band: a massive app-infused watch that he says can do everything a phone can, and more.
Buyers of the Gear S smartwatch will be able to browser the web on the device's diminutive touch screen when it goes on sale later this month.
Toshiba is eyeing the smart glasses market. The company is showing a prototype pair of glasses at the Ceatec trade show in Japan this week, and while they might not edge Google Glass out of the market, they should be a bit cheaper.
Mobile payments; home automation; health tracking; Bluetooth LE beacons; ubiquitous media streaming, and inevitably, one last surprise: In true Apple style, the product presentation was packed.
Qualcomm has released SDKs (software development kits) for LTE broadcast and digital glasses at its Uplinq conference, hoping to give the two burgeoning areas a push.
Network operator Orange wants to help businesses deliver relevant information to their customers, and keep track of things and people, with three new services that take advantage of its mobile networks.
Apple has made its long-awaited entry into the wearables market with a digital watch that can double as a fitness tracker and run a variety of apps.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
- Logitech C615 HD review: This camera hits the sweet spot between features and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC