LG Electronics has developed its own OS for the Watch Urbane LTE smartwatch, and while the software impresses the hardware it runs on will prevent the watch from becoming anything but a very niche product.
Smartwatch maker Pebble's platform is now compatible with apps for Google's Android Wear OS, letting users see and respond to notifications from their wrists.
If the Internet of Things didn't quite proliferate in 2014, at least IoT industry groups and standards bodies did.
If anyone could use a hit product right now, it's Sony. But its latest smartglasses won't win people over from Google Glass despite having a better display.
Danish company Cyclister hopes to add bicycles to the list of resources people are willing to share for a price.
Lenovo has posted pictures of its own wearable smartband, hinting that the company could be preparing to launch the product soon.
American musician-cum-entrepreneur Will.i.am thinks he's got a radical gadget to beat the band: a massive app-infused watch that he says can do everything a phone can, and more.
Buyers of the Gear S smartwatch will be able to browser the web on the device's diminutive touch screen when it goes on sale later this month.
Toshiba is eyeing the smart glasses market. The company is showing a prototype pair of glasses at the Ceatec trade show in Japan this week, and while they might not edge Google Glass out of the market, they should be a bit cheaper.
Mobile payments; home automation; health tracking; Bluetooth LE beacons; ubiquitous media streaming, and inevitably, one last surprise: In true Apple style, the product presentation was packed.
Qualcomm has released SDKs (software development kits) for LTE broadcast and digital glasses at its Uplinq conference, hoping to give the two burgeoning areas a push.
Network operator Orange wants to help businesses deliver relevant information to their customers, and keep track of things and people, with three new services that take advantage of its mobile networks.
Apple has made its long-awaited entry into the wearables market with a digital watch that can double as a fitness tracker and run a variety of apps.
Jawbone has doubled the battery life of its UP24 activity monitor wristband to two weeks through a firmware update.
Motorola Mobility starts shipping its Android Wear-based Moto 360 smartwatch on Friday for US$250.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC