SmartThings, the home automation company Samsung Electronics acquired last August, has delayed the launch of its new home hub and sensors to the third quarter, as it works to improve performance and stability.
The much-heralded Apple Watch will ship on April 24 with price tags ranging from $499 for the Sports edition all the way up to $14,000 or more for a limited-edition model in 18kt gold, Apple said Monday.
LG Electronics has developed its own OS for the Watch Urbane LTE smartwatch, and while the software impresses the hardware it runs on will prevent the watch from becoming anything but a very niche product.
Smartwatch maker Pebble's platform is now compatible with apps for Google's Android Wear OS, letting users see and respond to notifications from their wrists.
If the Internet of Things didn't quite proliferate in 2014, at least IoT industry groups and standards bodies did.
If anyone could use a hit product right now, it's Sony. But its latest smartglasses won't win people over from Google Glass despite having a better display.
Danish company Cyclister hopes to add bicycles to the list of resources people are willing to share for a price.
Lenovo has posted pictures of its own wearable smartband, hinting that the company could be preparing to launch the product soon.
American musician-cum-entrepreneur Will.i.am thinks he's got a radical gadget to beat the band: a massive app-infused watch that he says can do everything a phone can, and more.
Buyers of the Gear S smartwatch will be able to browser the web on the device's diminutive touch screen when it goes on sale later this month.
Toshiba is eyeing the smart glasses market. The company is showing a prototype pair of glasses at the Ceatec trade show in Japan this week, and while they might not edge Google Glass out of the market, they should be a bit cheaper.
Mobile payments; home automation; health tracking; Bluetooth LE beacons; ubiquitous media streaming, and inevitably, one last surprise: In true Apple style, the product presentation was packed.
Qualcomm has released SDKs (software development kits) for LTE broadcast and digital glasses at its Uplinq conference, hoping to give the two burgeoning areas a push.
Network operator Orange wants to help businesses deliver relevant information to their customers, and keep track of things and people, with three new services that take advantage of its mobile networks.
Apple has made its long-awaited entry into the wearables market with a digital watch that can double as a fitness tracker and run a variety of apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW