Two-factor authentication is often held up as a best practice for security in the online world, but Dropbox on Wednesday announced a new feature that's designed to make it even tougher.
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
RFID card access systems are used by most companies to let people into their buildings. But over the last few years, researchers have shown how these systems can be easily bypassed.
A bug in OpenSSH, the most popular software for secure remote access to UNIX-based systems, could allow attackers to bypass authentication retry restrictions and execute many password guesses.
Those desperate to share a espresso martini with Katy Perry may be one step closer - now Tinder is verifying celebrity profiles so you don't dismiss them as spammers.
Cisco Systems recently realized that its Unified Communications Domain Manager (Unified CDM) software contains a default privileged account with a static password that cannot be changed, exposing the platform to hacking by remote attackers.
VMware is hoping to convince CIOs to centralize single sign-on access to all kinds of apps with Identity Manager, which can run in the cloud or on-site and also offers application provisioning and a self-service catalog.
The data breach landscape could look very different in the future with the increased adoption of chip-enabled payment cards in North America -- but for now point-of-sale systems account for the majority of breaches there, compared to a tiny minority ...
A new malware program designed to steal payment card details from point-of-sale (PoS) systems is targeting businesses using Oracle Micros products.
Owners of fixed-code garage door openers might want to consider upgrading them because a researcher has developed a technique that guesses the numbers in seconds.
A number of high-profile source-code repositories hosted on GitHub could have been modified using weak SSH authentication keys, a security researcher has warned.
Cybercriminals have developed a Web-based attack tool to hijack routers on a large scale when users visit compromised websites or view malicious advertisements in their browsers.
Password managers are a great way to supply random, unique passwords to a high number of websites. But most still have an Achilles' heel: Usually, a single master password unlocks the entire vault.
The maker of a widely used electronic lock has taken issue with a security company's criticism of one of its flagship products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA