Two-factor authentication is often held up as a best practice for security in the online world, but Dropbox on Wednesday announced a new feature that's designed to make it even tougher.
Access control and authentication
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
RFID card access systems are used by most companies to let people into their buildings. But over the last few years, researchers have shown how these systems can be easily bypassed.
A bug in OpenSSH, the most popular software for secure remote access to UNIX-based systems, could allow attackers to bypass authentication retry restrictions and execute many password guesses.
Both Google's and Apple's mobile platforms have security drawbacks and advantages. Is there a clear winner?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
- Logitech C615 HD review: This camera hits the sweet spot between features and price
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformWA
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT