Global shipments of Wi-Fi ICs have experienced an extraordinary growth in recent years, due to the increasing demands for wireless-enabled devices and enterprise level applications.
Next-generation smartphones will be able to access the Internet at higher speeds, but costs and technical limitations will prevent them from getting the most out of the networks they are connected to.
When is a wireless router not just a wireless router? Belkin's answer: When it's a total pain. That's why it introduced four new 802.11n Wi-Fi routers, ranging from $50 to $130, that come with a set of applications designed to help you use your wirel...
Although 802.11n Wi-Fi technology was found in less than 1 percent of Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones last year, in 2014 at least 87 percent of Wi-Fi-capable smartphones, such as Apple's iPhone, will feature this latest of the 802.11 protocols.
Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organisation (CSIRO) has turned its budgeted deficit of $34.2 million for the 2008-09 financial year into a $122 million surplus, with the unexpected windfall primarily attributed to its intellectual p...
The Wi-Fi Alliance is launching a certification program based on the completed IEEE 802.11n standard on Wednesday and looking toward a future peer-to-peer specification it is developing on its own.
The new Apple iPod Touch uses a Wi-Fi chip that can support the just-approved high-throughput 802.11n standard, though Apple apparently has not switched on the cranked-up wireless link.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
The IEEE 802.11n standard is likely to be approved in September, making the high-speed wireless LAN technology official after about seven years of wrangling and refinement.
The first quarter of this year may have been the gloomiest ever for the wireless LAN market, with overall revenue falling about 11 percent from a year earlier, the first year-over-year drop recorded by industry analyst firm Dell'Oro.
Broadcom this week announced new chips designed to create a low-cost 802.11n wireless LAN edge for the enterprise, without the need for separate WLAN controllers.
Apple seems to be laying the groundwork to introduce high-capacity, low-power 802.11n Wi-Fi to the iPod Touch, and presumably to its 3G-enabled companion, the iPhone.
SonicWall's unified threat management gear has embraced 802.11n wireless networks via a software upgrade and a new wireless controller under its Clean Wireless architecture, which scans for malicious traffic as it enters business networks from mobile...
Proxim Wireless announced Monday it is shipping two new 802.11n access points, one with two radios that Proxim called the fastest on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW