Global shipments of Wi-Fi ICs have experienced an extraordinary growth in recent years, due to the increasing demands for wireless-enabled devices and enterprise level applications.
Next-generation smartphones will be able to access the Internet at higher speeds, but costs and technical limitations will prevent them from getting the most out of the networks they are connected to.
When is a wireless router not just a wireless router? Belkin's answer: When it's a total pain. That's why it introduced four new 802.11n Wi-Fi routers, ranging from $50 to $130, that come with a set of applications designed to help you use your wirel...
Although 802.11n Wi-Fi technology was found in less than 1 percent of Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones last year, in 2014 at least 87 percent of Wi-Fi-capable smartphones, such as Apple's iPhone, will feature this latest of the 802.11 protocols.
Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Research Organisation (CSIRO) has turned its budgeted deficit of $34.2 million for the 2008-09 financial year into a $122 million surplus, with the unexpected windfall primarily attributed to its intellectual p...
The Wi-Fi Alliance is launching a certification program based on the completed IEEE 802.11n standard on Wednesday and looking toward a future peer-to-peer specification it is developing on its own.
The new Apple iPod Touch uses a Wi-Fi chip that can support the just-approved high-throughput 802.11n standard, though Apple apparently has not switched on the cranked-up wireless link.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Disney claims its first use of an 802.11 wireless network to operate an amusement park rides is a hit.
The IEEE 802.11n standard is likely to be approved in September, making the high-speed wireless LAN technology official after about seven years of wrangling and refinement.
The first quarter of this year may have been the gloomiest ever for the wireless LAN market, with overall revenue falling about 11 percent from a year earlier, the first year-over-year drop recorded by industry analyst firm Dell'Oro.
Broadcom this week announced new chips designed to create a low-cost 802.11n wireless LAN edge for the enterprise, without the need for separate WLAN controllers.
Apple seems to be laying the groundwork to introduce high-capacity, low-power 802.11n Wi-Fi to the iPod Touch, and presumably to its 3G-enabled companion, the iPhone.
SonicWall's unified threat management gear has embraced 802.11n wireless networks via a software upgrade and a new wireless controller under its Clean Wireless architecture, which scans for malicious traffic as it enters business networks from mobile...
Proxim Wireless announced Monday it is shipping two new 802.11n access points, one with two radios that Proxim called the fastest on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW