Next generation UHD OLED televisions have gone on sale in Australia as LG one-ups market leader Samsung.
Australians are turning to inexpensive streaming devices following Netflix's entrance into the local market instead of buying pricey smart televisions.
Panasonic's 2015 range of LED LCD televisions features over 20 new models that span across eight different series, but four of those series, and indeed 60 per cent of the entire range (11 models), is composed of 4K, Ultra High Definition models.
In a bid to spur the market for 4K television sets during the Christmas buying season, Sony is offering customers a portable USB hard drive that contains a selection of 4K movie titles, of which five can be accessed and viewed on your new TV. The thi...
Sony AX100E 4K camera is three-quarters smaller than the company’s original, but it still manages to incorporate popular features such as wireless connectivity and slow motion recording.
Red Bull Racing is interested in the possibilities presented by 4K video.
Online electronics retailer, Kogan, is on the verge of launching a 55in 4K television below the $1000 mark, describing it as “the world’s best value Ultra High Definition TV.”
Sharp and NHK may be bringing us the 33-million pixel HDTV but Samsung's 8-million pixel, 70in HDTV sounds impressive in its own right.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW