Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation aimed at expanding the amount of Wi-Fi spectrum available in a band now designated for intelligent vehicle communications, satellite service and amateur radio.
Vodafone and Optus’ mobile networks took a blow on Thursday, June 19, with the telecommunications providers confirming mobile network outages throughout the day, while Telstra experienced ADSL service disruptions.
Vodafone is apologising to customers for nationwide mobile network outages by offering unlimited data usage within Australia from midnight Friday, June 20, to 3:00am on Monday, June 23 (AEST).
Samsung Electronics has launched a new version of the Galaxy S5 with an upgraded screen and faster processor, but for now it is only available in South Korea.
In the hunt for more spectrum to speed up mobile networks, Vodafone and Huawei Technologies have successfully tested a technology that lets LTE and GSM share the same frequencies.
Qualcomm is bringing 4G coverage to offices and homes with a low-cost chip that will power wireless routers with both Wi-Fi and LTE.
Airvana's next-generation LTE small cells for enterprises use Gigabit Ethernet to connect to a central controller, making the mini base stations easier and cheaper to roll out at the office.
LTE's share of mobile subscriptions will reach 85 percent in North America in five years, outpacing Europe where the 4G technology will have a 30 percent share, according to a report from telecom vendor Ericsson.
Deutsche Telekom has agreed to an offer for Japanese mobile and broadband company SoftBank to buy T-Mobile USA, according to a news report.
T-Mobile USA has rolled out voice over LTE in its home base of Seattle, offering high-definition voice and promising benefits to subscribers from a technology that in time could save carriers a lot of money.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will limit the amount of spectrum the nation's two largest mobile carriers can buy in an upcoming auction of highly sought spectrum now controlled by television stations.
Australian telecommunications giant, Telstra, has hit network speeds of 450 megabits per second (Mbps) by coupling the 1800MHz and 2600MHz bands on LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation.
Airplanes may soon no longer provide a refuge from work emails: Telstra has revealed it is testing 4G services for commercial flights.
The wait for Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet is almost over as the Android tablet will go on sale from April 29. Pricing for the Xperia Z2 Tablet will mirror Apple’s iPad Air with the introductory 16GB Wi-Fi only variant introducing the range at $599.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT