A way to let cellular operators share Wi-Fi frequencies without jamming up Internet service is now in the spotlight at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved what some commissioners called a "historic" plan to allow private mobile broadband services to share spectrum with incumbent military users.
Consumers seem to be coming out on top as a growing number of European telecom and cable operators offer discounted mobile subscriptions as a bonus for choosing other services.
A group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at encouraging government agencies to give up their spectrum by allowing the agencies to share in the profits when the spectrum is auctioned to commercial mobile carriers.
In the hunt for more spectrum to offer higher wireless broadband speeds, mobile operators and equipment vendors are showing a growing interest in a new candidate.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has fined Verizon US$3.4 million over its failure to notify police and fire departments during a 911 service outage last year.
In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
If you have both cellular and Wi-Fi, why not use both? At Mobile World Congress, Alcatel-Lucent is demonstrating a way to do that as part of the same network.
New net neutrality rules just established in the U.S. may face a cool reception here at Mobile World Congress, where carriers are prime customers. Nokia's CEO took an early shot on Sunday night.
A slower but more frugal version of LTE that has been customized for the Internet of Things will be demoed at Mobile World Congress next month.
A new generation of mobile network equipment comes with lofty promises of better coverage and performance for subscribers, by making it easier for operators to add more capacity and support for new radio technologies.
Huawei Technologies has conducted a real-world trial of LTE-Advanced that shows that much faster indoor cellular speeds may be around the corner.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
In the hunt for ways to improve coverage and increase cellular speeds, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile in the U.S., and SK Telecom of South Korea, are considering using LTE over 5GHz, which today is used by Wi-Fi networks.
Video uploads will get a performance boost with the help of LTE technology tested by Huawei Technologies and China Mobile.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW