The largest European mobile operators are joining forces to launch their own instant messaging and content sharing applications under the "joyn" brand as they try to claw back some of traffic lost to Internet services.
Lawmakers should downsize the U.S. Federal Communications Commission by taking away its power to review mergers in the telecom industry and most of its power to pass regulations before evidence of a problem, two telecom experts said Tuesday.
Satellite service provider Dish Network has slammed the FCC's plan to let it use some of its spectrum for LTE, saying the proposal is so restrictive it could delay a network buildout for years.
Nokia Siemens Networks and Ballard Power Systems want methanol-powered fuel cells to keep mobile networks running in the event of an electricity outage and are working with NTT DoCoMo to test the technology.
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile provider, said Friday it will soon launch the world's first femtocells to support both 3G and LTE networks.
Cisco Systems plans to build small cellular base stations, building upon its fast-growing business in Wi-Fi base stations for mobile operator networks, Chairman and CEO John Chambers said on Tuesday.
A U.S. district judge has approved a request for class action in a lawsuit against pizza maker Papa John's International for allegedly sending hundreds of thousands of text spam messages.
AT&T will start offering the first Windows RT tablet with LTE capabilities on Friday with prices beginning at US$499, the U.S. wireless carrier said on Tuesday.
Telstra has opened online pre-orders for Nokia's hotly anticipated Lumia 920 Windows Phone, with the device officially set to release in Australia on Tuesday 27 November.
Australia's largest telco, Telstra, has stressed that its brand is strong enough to sell smartphones following the decision to release its own-branded device as the first 4G prepaid smartphone in Australia.
Anyone who finds it hard to believe that the average U.S. mobile subscriber sent 696 text messages per month in the second quarter of this year may be relieved to know that this figure fell to 678 per month in the third quarter.
As China continues trials of its 4G networks using the government-backed LTE TDD technology, mobile operator China Telecom is aiming to go another route and deploy LTE FDD technology for its upcoming 4G networks.
AT&T has reversed its decision to allow Apple iPhone and iPad owners to use Apple's FaceTime videoconferencing application only on the carrier's most expensive data plans or if they are connected to Wi-Fi.
Cellular telecom carriers spent Saturday working to restore wireless service to customers across the U.S. northeast, which is just beginning to pick itself up from the battering it suffered earlier in the week from hurricane Sandy.
A major investor in WiMax operator Clearwire told the company's board on Thursday to sell its excess spectrum for up to US$9 billion to prevent Sprint Nextel from buying out the company at a discount.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW