Mobile 4G technology company Adaptix has filed a patent complaint related to wireless base stations against Ericsson at the U.S. International Trade Commission.
For every person using 4G LTE now, there will be at least one more subscriber by the end of this year, IHS iSuppli says.
A U.S. lawmaker has proposed legislation that would allow mobile phone users to ask apps to stop collecting their personal data and to delete information collected in the past.
Japan's Softbank has sold off a large portion of a local carrier it acquired just weeks ago, as it looked to assuage fears over its expanded control of Japan's wireless spectrum.
Ericsson has agreed to transfer 1,922 patents and 263 patent applications to Unwired Planet in return for a share in ongoing revenue from the patents.
Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
After starting amid the smoldering ruins of AT&T and T-Mobile USA's failed merger, 2012 ended as a big year for mobile carrier deals in the U.S., and possibly a final changing of the guard for a long time.
Global LTE smartphone shipments will triple next year, allowing the technology to take off on a grander scale and driving down device prices.
Sprint Nextel will spend US$2.2 billion to take complete ownership of Clearwire, a move that will help it expand its network capacity.
Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
The Cloud, tablets, software-defined networking, IPv6 and 4G wireless reshape the enterprise IT landscape in 2012
The four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. -- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile -- have agreed to accelerate the availability of emergency texting, or text-to-911.
A U.S. appeals court has upheld the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's authority to require mobile carriers to enter into data roaming agreements with each other.
A plan by a satellite carrier to make better use of its spectrum could open up an extra channel for Wi-Fi in the U.S., though how and when consumers would get to use it isn't yet clear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT