Ericsson and Vodafone in Egypt have successfully tested a new way to build more energy-efficient networks in rural areas, and make it possible to build networks where they previously could not be built, according to the vendor.
Reliance Industries and Reliance Communications are sharing infrastructure for the rollout of 4G services in India, apparently ending a dispute between the two Ambani brothers who head the companies.
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile operator, is building a fleet of truck-based LTE base stations that can be deployed during natural disasters or to support large crowds.
After years of development, airline passengers will be able to access the Internet using LTE this year, according to ZTE.
A group of U.S. lawmakers has introduced legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered search warrants before obtaining a suspect's mobile phone location or GPS data, instead of using prosecution-issued subpoenas.
Tech enthusiasts at South by Southwest Interactive exploring the exhibit hall's gizmos and apps on Sunday were greeted a little differently at one booth -- the figure approaching them was not a person but a television-sized monitor mounted to a sleek...
As China prepares to launch its 4G networks, a steady stream of LTE enabled devices will begin entering the country next year, with close to 25 percent of all smartphone shipments designed for the next generation service, according to research firm I...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has filed eight complaints against companies allegedly involved in sending unsolicited text messages offering free gifts or gift cards, with the agency alleging the defendants have sent 180 million spam texts.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has begun a test run of a Google database of unused spectrum in the television bands that's available for wireless broadband.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
Products from several smartphone vendors and processors from the likes of Nvidia are helping drive down the cost of LTE-enabled devices.
Nokia Siemens Networks says it can prevent LTE base stations from getting overloaded while extra capacity in nearby cells goes to waste, even if the cells use different types of spectrum.
China Mobile has unveiled four smartphones built to run on its upcoming 4G LTE TDD network, with the handsets coming from foreign brands including HTC and LG, and Chinese handset makers Huawei and ZTE.
As the world's carriers call for agreement on enough LTE frequencies to make roaming a reality, the technology's backers in North and South America are pushing for a single band that data-hungry travelers could use across the Western Hemisphere.
In Star Wars terms, the small cells that mobile carriers and vendors will be talking up this week at Mobile World Congress are more like the odd-couple androids R2-D2 and C-3PO than like their foes, the Empire's phalanxes of identical storm troopers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW