Intellectual Ventures, a large patent-licensing firm, has filed a second patent-infringement lawsuit against Motorola Mobility while its first patent lawsuit is still pending in a Delaware count.
Huawei generated some buzz Tuesday with the announcement of the Ascend P6, which the company bills as the world's thinnest smartphone.
Samsung's Galaxy S4 was only introduced in March and the company has already rolled out Mini and Active variants of its flagship smartphone. Not content with just three basic models, Samsung plans on rolling out a speedier version of the Galaxy S4 in...
U.S. President Barack Obama has directed federal agencies to take new steps toward sharing their wireless spectrum with commercial operators, in an effort to meet growing demands for mobile data services.
An amendment to Sprint Nextel's subscriber terms of service points toward the carrier's expected shutdown of its 4G WiMax service.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has launched its own 4G network in Australia, claiming “demonstrated trial speeds” of up to 100Mbps.
Though Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Ace 3 is a fairly basic smartphone, it nevertheless includes LTE, highlighting how the technology is making its way to simpler and cheaper devices.
Sierra Wireless' latest embedded wireless module connects cars to Verizon's LTE network, underlining growing interest in the 4G technology while also highlighting its current drawbacks.
Australian telecommunications provider, iiNet, has unveiled a range of 4G mobile plans with no lock-in contracts
Following the unveiling of its multi-band, 2300Mhz TD-LTE 4G network last month, telecommunications provider, Optus, has publicly launched the network and the first compatible devices in Canberra.
Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Qualcomm has announced a new processor and modem combination that will open the door for cheaper LTE smartphones.
The spread of smartphones, powered by fast 3G and LTE networks used to watch ever more video content, are pushing up the volume of mobile data traffic. The challenge for operators will be to turn that into more revenue, as users prefer Wi-Fi networks...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should cap the participation of carriers AT&T and Verizon Wireless in upcoming spectrum auctions to ensure mobile competition going forward, representatives of consumer groups and smaller carriers said.
Government panel the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has given its approval for Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank to acquire a majority stake in Sprint Nextel in a US$20 billion deal.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Senate heads toward vote on CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, August 4
- Acer's new Windows 10 laptops arrive with Chromebook-like prices
- Microsoft updates program to encourage diversity in partner law firms
- DHS warns about privacy implications of cybersecurity bill
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC