Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Vodafone has made enhancements to its 4G network for areas of regional New South Wales and the ACT.
Vodafone’s upcoming $130 Red plan will come with 15GB of data, but people who sign up before 3 November will have their allowance bumped to 20GB — that’s double the allowance of the company’s most generous plan to date.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Finnish company Uros has launched an LTE version of its wireless hotspot that can be equipped with 10 SIM cards to make roaming abroad easier.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
It's been two years since Google first disclosed Project Loon, and while the company continues to keep most details of the project secret, the technology and challenges behind it are slowly coming into focus.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider including broadband within a controversial program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people.
Traffic jams may become even more of an aggravation than they are today as mobile networks struggle to handle a rapidly increasing number of connected cars.
High-end smartphones offer high-speed wireless connections -- but few mobile operators have made the infrastructure investments required to keep up with them. The arrival of cheaper phones with 300Mbps LTE capabilities may encourage that investment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT