Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Vodafone has made enhancements to its 4G network for areas of regional New South Wales and the ACT.
Vodafone’s upcoming $130 Red plan will come with 15GB of data, but people who sign up before 3 November will have their allowance bumped to 20GB — that’s double the allowance of the company’s most generous plan to date.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Finnish company Uros has launched an LTE version of its wireless hotspot that can be equipped with 10 SIM cards to make roaming abroad easier.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
It's been two years since Google first disclosed Project Loon, and while the company continues to keep most details of the project secret, the technology and challenges behind it are slowly coming into focus.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider including broadband within a controversial program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people.
Traffic jams may become even more of an aggravation than they are today as mobile networks struggle to handle a rapidly increasing number of connected cars.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
- More than half of PCs don't have Windows 10 AU yet, and no one's quite sure why
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ