Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Vodafone has made enhancements to its 4G network for areas of regional New South Wales and the ACT.
Vodafone’s upcoming $130 Red plan will come with 15GB of data, but people who sign up before 3 November will have their allowance bumped to 20GB — that’s double the allowance of the company’s most generous plan to date.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Finnish company Uros has launched an LTE version of its wireless hotspot that can be equipped with 10 SIM cards to make roaming abroad easier.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
It's been two years since Google first disclosed Project Loon, and while the company continues to keep most details of the project secret, the technology and challenges behind it are slowly coming into focus.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider including broadband within a controversial program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people.
Traffic jams may become even more of an aggravation than they are today as mobile networks struggle to handle a rapidly increasing number of connected cars.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW