Vodafone and Huawei would have a winning combination were it not for one caveat
The BenQ-made smartphone is the best to come from Kogan yet
Telstra's new portable Wi-Fi 4G Advanced modem includes a colour touch screen and LTE-Advanced
A fantastic display, slim build and fast software make the Galaxy Note 3 a winner
The One Mini is a downsized version of the HTC One that's difficult to recommend
4g in pictures
LG's flagship Optimus G Android phone has finally arrived in Australia after a lengthy delay. We've just got our hands on a review unit following the official launch of the device in Sydney.
The Cloud, tablets, software-defined networking, IPv6 and 4G wireless reshape the enterprise IT landscape in 2012
We unbox and take a first look at the Motorola RAZR M.
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Vodafone has made enhancements to its 4G network for areas of regional New South Wales and the ACT.
Vodafone’s upcoming $130 Red plan will come with 15GB of data, but people who sign up before 3 November will have their allowance bumped to 20GB — that’s double the allowance of the company’s most generous plan to date.
The design of the smartphone takes a page from LG’s book on the G3. Its body is plastic, though silver colouring and a hairline finish give the illusion it is metallic. Contours on the smartphone’s sides make it easier to hold, which is needed becaus...
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Nokia's new Lumia 925 Windows Phone hits Australia at the end of this month, and we've just been handed a review unit. Can it breathe life into the struggling Windows Phone operating system in Australia? We've taken a quick first look to find out.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- FTChange ManagerSA
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW