AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should take swift action to rule against the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) District's recent decision to shut down mobile phone service during a planned protest, several digital rights groups said Monday.
Cisco Systems made its fortune selling routers for the cores of enterprise and service-provider networks, but now the company is sending its technology farther from those cozy confines than ever before.
China Mobile, the world's largest mobile carrier, reported net profits rising by 6.3 percent for the first half of 2011, as the company had more customers surfing the Internet with its handsets.
In February, the mobile industry will once again head to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress (MWC), which will feature a new section focusing on different aspects of mobile marketing, show organizer GSM Association (GSMA) said on Tuesday.
A proposal to overhaul U.S. subsidies and shift money to broadband deployment needs backing from lawmakers, supporters said in a letter to congressional leaders Thursday.
More than 100 U.S. mayors have expressed support for AT&T's proposed acquisition of mobile rival T-Mobile USA, AT&T said Wednesday.
Affiliates of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in 31 states have filed 379 information requests, demanding that state and local law enforcement agencies tell how they use location information from mobile phones to track U.S. residents.
A proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA by AT&T could provide significant benefits to U.S. consumers, according to a senior Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Wired broadband providers in the U.S. deliver speeds that are close to, and sometimes exceed, the service they promise customers, according to a report released Tuesday by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to transfer 120MHz of television spectrum from broadcasters to mobile broadband carriers could require more than 800 TV stations to change channels and could drive more than 200 off the air permanentl...
Verizon Communications on Friday reported revenue of US$27.5 billion for the second quarter of 2011, up 2.8 percent from the second quarter of 2010, largely driven by mobile subscriber additions.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.5 billion for the second quarter of 2011, up 2.2 percent from the same quarter in 2010, but net income dropped due to increased operational and support costs.
A senior U.S. senator has urged two federal agencies to reject AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake news fallout: Facebook starts asking users if headlines are accurate
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCChange Manager/ Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA