Australian mobile network operator Telstra has become the first operator to launch a mobile broadband service using HSPA+ at 42M bps (bits per second), it said on Monday.
Smartphones and modems are about to get faster mobile broadband connections -- 14.4M bps (bits per second) and 42M bps, repectively -- using HSPA+ (High Speed Packet Access).
A test of TeliaSonera's LTE (Long Term Evolution) network and its new multimode modem shows the next-generation mobile technology at its best -- delivering speeds at up 59.1M bps (bits per second) -- when used at 2.6GHz. But it also reveals how the t...
AT&T is patching software in its network to fix a bug that kept iPhone 4 users from getting the full upstream speed on their handsets.
China has hit back at the European Commission over an investigation into allegations of hardware dumping.
Skype has launched a new version of its client for Apple's iPhone that can make calls to other Skype users over a 3G network, it said on Sunday.
NetComm today launched 'MyZone', a mobile 3G Wi-Fi router that will initially be sold exclusively through official Apple retail stores.
Telstra has announced a reshuffle of its data packs for prepaid mobile phones and will offer more data at a lower cost.
Apple today said that the more expensive iPad models that connect to the Internet using AT&T's wireless network will go on sale April 30 in the US, barely meeting the company's self-imposed deadline to ship the tablet by the end of the month.
2G telephone technology will be phased out completely between 2010-15 to make way for the growing 3G and LTE networks, according to market analyst Ovum.
China now has the iPhone and more big-name smartphones are due in the country, but few buyers overall are choosing smartphones despite promotion by China's mobile carriers.
Apple's pricing for the iPad is "ridiculous," a hardware expert said Wednesday, as he argued that the $130 price difference for models with 3G means buyers of those tablets subsidize the lowest-priced $499 model.
A Wall Street analyst asked about the company's exclusive iPhone deal with AT&T. There is speculation that by the end of the year Apple will end that arrangement and sell the iPhone via additional carriers.
Australian ISP Internode has launched a battery-operated, portable 3G Wi-Fi modem called MiFi.
The auction of 3G spectrum and operating licenses in India will be held as planned on Jan. 14, the country's Minister of Communications and IT, A. Raja told reporters in Delhi on Monday, according to media reports.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA