Mobile broadband based on HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access) will in the future be able to offer download speeds of more than 650M bps, T-Mobile USA and Nokia Siemens Networks said on Wednesday.
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
Alcatel-Lucent said on Wednesday that it is accelerating efforts to help mobile operators analyze the traffic growth in their networks, make changes and offer subscribers higher speeds.
Chip makers IPWireless and ST-Ericsson said Wednesday that they have joined forces to develop a platform designed to lower the cost of building Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB) technology into smartphones.
Consumers who buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab from Verizon Wireless without a contract will pay less than European consumers for the device, but they will pay more for accessing the Internet.
Scaling Mount Everest is a great accomplishment, a feat of human endurance. And now, thanks to the Nepalese telecom firm, Ncell, you can brag about your triumph over 3G. Is this awesome, or an example of technology plundering nature?
Mobile telco VHA has unveiled a giant expansion of its consolidated 3G mobile network, including the construction of a new network using the same 850MHz spectrum that Telstra has made popular with its rival Next G offering.
Although Android-based devices have been making headway onto enterprise IT networks, the Droid Pro could be the first one to really blow the doors off.
Selling out in stores across China, the iPhone 4 has not only been a success for Apple, but has also given mobile provider China Unicom an edge by helping it sign up more users to its 3G next generation mobile services.
Thailand's Supreme Administrative Court upheld a lower court ruling on Thursday to halt bidding for 3G licenses in the kingdom, one of the last countries in East Asia yet to roll-out 3G mobile phone service.
Operators around the world are getting ready to launch commercial LTE services, and users should get ready to pay a premium for mobile broadband using laptops, if TeliaSonera's pricing is anything to go by.
AT&T is finally selling its satellite-3G smartphone, the TerreStar Genus, which can be switched from AT&T's network to a satellite for coverage all over the U.S.
Ericsson has unveiled what is claimed to be the first embedded mobile broadband module for notebooks to support 21Mbps HSPA networks. The company also announced a 3G module for tablet devices.
Samsung has finally revealed the Galaxy Tab, a tablet computer running Android 2.2 that will begin shipping in October in Europe. A launch date for the U.S. was not revealed. The tablet can be used to surf the Web, watch movies, read e-books, navigat...
Sierra Wireless on Monday announced the AirPrime MC8801, a module that will allow makers of laptops, netbooks and tablets to integrate mobile broadband using HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) at download speeds up to 42M bps (bits per second) into the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW