Mobile broadband based on HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access) will in the future be able to offer download speeds of more than 650M bps, T-Mobile USA and Nokia Siemens Networks said on Wednesday.
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
Alcatel-Lucent said on Wednesday that it is accelerating efforts to help mobile operators analyze the traffic growth in their networks, make changes and offer subscribers higher speeds.
Chip makers IPWireless and ST-Ericsson said Wednesday that they have joined forces to develop a platform designed to lower the cost of building Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB) technology into smartphones.
Consumers who buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab from Verizon Wireless without a contract will pay less than European consumers for the device, but they will pay more for accessing the Internet.
Scaling Mount Everest is a great accomplishment, a feat of human endurance. And now, thanks to the Nepalese telecom firm, Ncell, you can brag about your triumph over 3G. Is this awesome, or an example of technology plundering nature?
Mobile telco VHA has unveiled a giant expansion of its consolidated 3G mobile network, including the construction of a new network using the same 850MHz spectrum that Telstra has made popular with its rival Next G offering.
Although Android-based devices have been making headway onto enterprise IT networks, the Droid Pro could be the first one to really blow the doors off.
Selling out in stores across China, the iPhone 4 has not only been a success for Apple, but has also given mobile provider China Unicom an edge by helping it sign up more users to its 3G next generation mobile services.
Thailand's Supreme Administrative Court upheld a lower court ruling on Thursday to halt bidding for 3G licenses in the kingdom, one of the last countries in East Asia yet to roll-out 3G mobile phone service.
Operators around the world are getting ready to launch commercial LTE services, and users should get ready to pay a premium for mobile broadband using laptops, if TeliaSonera's pricing is anything to go by.
AT&T is finally selling its satellite-3G smartphone, the TerreStar Genus, which can be switched from AT&T's network to a satellite for coverage all over the U.S.
Ericsson has unveiled what is claimed to be the first embedded mobile broadband module for notebooks to support 21Mbps HSPA networks. The company also announced a 3G module for tablet devices.
Samsung has finally revealed the Galaxy Tab, a tablet computer running Android 2.2 that will begin shipping in October in Europe. A launch date for the U.S. was not revealed. The tablet can be used to surf the Web, watch movies, read e-books, navigat...
Sierra Wireless on Monday announced the AirPrime MC8801, a module that will allow makers of laptops, netbooks and tablets to integrate mobile broadband using HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) at download speeds up to 42M bps (bits per second) into the...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Waze lets you order coffee and a donut from Dunkin' before you get there
- Windows 10 Creators Update review: Gaming, inking, and Edge win, while mixed reality loses
- How to get Windows 10 Creators Update: The release date and more
- Tested: Microsoft Edge is the only browser to run Netflix in 4K
- Windows 10 Creators Update FAQ: Everything you need to know
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTReports Developer - Hyperion EssentialNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTJunior DevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Infrastructure ProjectQLD