Ericsson has demonstrated HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access) with download speeds up to 168M bps (bits per second) and 24M bps on the uplink, the company said on Monday.
Apple will start offering the iPad in India on Friday, but its focus will be on sales through retailers, rather than bundling the device with service plans from mobile operators.
China has begun large-scale trials of fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology known as TD-LTE, with the tests expected to last 18 months, according to the country's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has set Long Term Evolution (LTE) as the data standard for a nationwide mobile broadband network for public safety agencies that's been on the table for nearly a decade.
Large numbers of Indians are acquiring new mobile connections, which rose to 23 million in November, up from 19 million in the previous month.
Operator TeliaSonera has joined forces with Samsung Electronics to launch an LTE-equipped laptop, which will go on sale Friday in Sweden, they said on Tuesday.
The CEO of Egypt's Orascom Telecom has been given a rare honor during his current trip to Pyongyang: an audience with Kim Jong-il and dinner hosted by the reclusive leader for the businessman whose firm owns a majority of North Korea's only 3G cellul...
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Femtocells will soon be able to improve home security, personal safety and help integrate smartphones with TVs, laptops and media players, in addition to improving cellular coverage in the home, ABI Research said on Monday.
NTT DoCoMo's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) data network, launched in three of Japan's biggest cities on Dec. 24, promises speeds of up to ten times those of current 3G wireless. Over the last few days I've had a chance to test network performance in cent...
The number of mobile broadband subscriptions will reach 1 billion before the end of 2011, boosted by faster networks and the growing popularity of smartphones, telecom vendor Ericsson said on Monday.
Mobile operators were out in full force at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week, promoting their improved data networks and unveiling new devices. But with their marketing efforts in overdrive, the operators may confuse ...
With its major competitors talking the talk and walking the walk on 4G, AT&T gave the first signs today that it's feeling pressure to get its own 4G network started and completed in a hurry. Until now, AT&T has talked mainly about continuing on with ...
Mobile workers who need always-on Internet access -- and who don't want to rely on public Wi-Fi hot spots -- often turn to a cellular network for connectivity, using either a 3G-equipped notebook or an external 3G modem. Now carriers are touting fast...
It's no surprise that iPhone and Android users are using more data today than the iPhone users of two years ago (when there were no popular Android devices). But a recent report from Arieso, a British firm that provides cellular carriers software to ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- TPJunior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW