Ericsson has demonstrated HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access) with download speeds up to 168M bps (bits per second) and 24M bps on the uplink, the company said on Monday.
Apple will start offering the iPad in India on Friday, but its focus will be on sales through retailers, rather than bundling the device with service plans from mobile operators.
China has begun large-scale trials of fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology known as TD-LTE, with the tests expected to last 18 months, according to the country's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has set Long Term Evolution (LTE) as the data standard for a nationwide mobile broadband network for public safety agencies that's been on the table for nearly a decade.
Large numbers of Indians are acquiring new mobile connections, which rose to 23 million in November, up from 19 million in the previous month.
Operator TeliaSonera has joined forces with Samsung Electronics to launch an LTE-equipped laptop, which will go on sale Friday in Sweden, they said on Tuesday.
The CEO of Egypt's Orascom Telecom has been given a rare honor during his current trip to Pyongyang: an audience with Kim Jong-il and dinner hosted by the reclusive leader for the businessman whose firm owns a majority of North Korea's only 3G cellul...
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Femtocells will soon be able to improve home security, personal safety and help integrate smartphones with TVs, laptops and media players, in addition to improving cellular coverage in the home, ABI Research said on Monday.
NTT DoCoMo's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) data network, launched in three of Japan's biggest cities on Dec. 24, promises speeds of up to ten times those of current 3G wireless. Over the last few days I've had a chance to test network performance in cent...
The number of mobile broadband subscriptions will reach 1 billion before the end of 2011, boosted by faster networks and the growing popularity of smartphones, telecom vendor Ericsson said on Monday.
Mobile operators were out in full force at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week, promoting their improved data networks and unveiling new devices. But with their marketing efforts in overdrive, the operators may confuse ...
With its major competitors talking the talk and walking the walk on 4G, AT&T gave the first signs today that it's feeling pressure to get its own 4G network started and completed in a hurry. Until now, AT&T has talked mainly about continuing on with ...
Mobile workers who need always-on Internet access -- and who don't want to rely on public Wi-Fi hot spots -- often turn to a cellular network for connectivity, using either a 3G-equipped notebook or an external 3G modem. Now carriers are touting fast...
It's no surprise that iPhone and Android users are using more data today than the iPhone users of two years ago (when there were no popular Android devices). But a recent report from Arieso, a British firm that provides cellular carriers software to ...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Team LeadNSW
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- FTBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTTeam LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTICT Change AnalystSA