Cox Communications is backing down from its ambitious plan to build its own 3G cellular network, saying on Tuesday that it will decommission its infrastructure and use Sprint Nextel's network to provide its subscribers with a branded mobile service.
The number of 3G cellular subscriptions in North Korea passed half a million during the first quarter, the country's only 3G cellular operator said this week.
Future versions of Apple's iPhone will support China Mobile's fourth generation (4G) network, China's largest mobile carrier said, a sign that it will eventually offer the iconic device to its 600 million customers.
On Thursday, operator TeliaSonera's CEO raged against the current cost of surfing using smartphones and laptops via mobile networks when abroad, while reducing what the company charges for data roaming in the Nordic and Baltic countries by about 90 p...
Chip maker Texas Instruments and femtocell developer Ubiquisys will collaborate on the development of small base stations designed to help operators handle growing data volumes, they said on Wednesday.
French Internet users in rural areas may end up getting faster mobile broadband than other parts of the world, after a minister said that operators would be allowed to buy more spectrum.
China is on the verge of becoming the first country in the world to have more than 900 million cell phone users, according to government statistics.
China Mobile will help Alcatel-Lucent develop its next generation of mobile networks, the French network equipment vendor said on Wednesday.
The European Commission has adopted technical rules on how the 900MHz and 1800MHz radio frequency bands should be opened up to LTE (Long-Term Evolution) and WiMax, to help spread the availability of broadband on the continent, it said on Monday.
As more LTE (Long Term Evolution) networks go live across the globe, operators have started planning to offer data roaming, and reusing existing spectrum is seen as one of the best chances of getting worldwide coverage, according to speakers at the L...
Optus has begun a trial of femtocell technology in Australia, which the telco says will improve mobile reception and coverage in homes and offices affected by network black spots.
Apple is reportedly investigating complaints from iPad 2 owners who say they can't connect to Verizon's cellular network, <a href="http://mobilized.allthingsd.com/20110408/apple-says-investigating-verizon-ipad-3g-issues/">according to a story on the ...
With a new laptop computer under his arm, Kenji Takemoto marched into the Takasago Day Care Center in Sendai. It's been almost a month since an earthquake and tsunami devastated the coastal area of this city and for the tens of families living in the...
Telstra has announced the launch of a new mobile Wi-Fi modem that is capable of theoretical maximum download speeds of 21 Megabits per second (Mbps).
Damaged caused to telecommunications networks in Japan by the March 11 earthquake will take months to fully repair.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW