Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
The number of people using the Internet is growing at a steady rate, but 4.2 billion out of 7.4 billion will still be offline by the end of the year.
If you're using a smartphone as a hotspot, you aren't alone - sales of USB sticks and embedded PC modems are plummeting as a result of that use.
A reported mobile phone surveillance program at the U.S. Department of Justice raises serious privacy questions, a U.S. senator said Monday.
Some U.S. television stations could make tens, or even hundreds, of millions of dollars by giving up their spectrum so that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission can sell it in an upcoming mobile broadband auction.
To make it easier for higher mobile broadband speeds using small cells, Alcatel-Lucent has joined forces with outdoor advertising company JCDecaux on the development of connected ad panels.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission voted Friday to require U.S. mobile carriers and many text-messaging apps to enable users to text emergency dispatch centers, even after questions about whether the centers will be ready by the deadline.
Mobile carriers have pulled in hundreds of millions in profits through third-party charges tacked onto customers' bills without their consent, according to a report from a U.S. Senate committee.
Vodafone and Optus’ mobile networks took a blow on Thursday, June 19, with the telecommunications providers confirming mobile network outages throughout the day, while Telstra experienced ADSL service disruptions.
Vodafone is apologising to customers for nationwide mobile network outages by offering unlimited data usage within Australia from midnight Friday, June 20, to 3:00am on Monday, June 23 (AEST).
In the hunt for more spectrum to speed up mobile networks, Vodafone and Huawei Technologies have successfully tested a technology that lets LTE and GSM share the same frequencies.
The GPRS Roaming Exchange (GRX) network, which carries roaming traffic among hundreds of mobile operators worldwide, contains Internet-reachable hosts that run vulnerable and unnecessary services, recent security scans reveal.
Deutsche Telekom has agreed to an offer for Japanese mobile and broadband company SoftBank to buy T-Mobile USA, according to a news report.
Australian telecommunications giant, Telstra, has hit network speeds of 450 megabits per second (Mbps) by coupling the 1800MHz and 2600MHz bands on LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA