Imagine you could use a standard 3D printer to create your next robotic assistant. Just snap in a motor and battery, and it's ready to go. That's precisely the scenario made possible by a new 3D printing technique developed at MIT.
HP wants to drive the "next industrial revolution" and spark a change in the way products are manufactured with its new 3D printers.
A total of 26,800 3D printers were shipped globally in the first quarter of calendar 2014, and while enterprises still represent the majority of customers, the consumer sector is gaining traction, according to Canalys.
Online retailer, Kogan, has announced that it will be selling XYZ’s da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer at a price of $699, significantly cheaper than the $1499 price tag of the only notable 3D printer available in general retail, Officeworks’ Cube 3D Printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT