A French research group has used the iPad 2's front facing camera to enable the tablet to display 3D images without the need to wear glasses.
LG has announced the launch of its G-Slate Android tablet, which will run Google Android's 3.0 Honeycomb software specifically designed for larger screened tablet devices.
3D has come to the iPad. Sort of. Florida-based kode80 has announced an update to its HoloToy application for iPad iTunes link) that gives the app a simulated 3D effect. How does HoloToy's 3D effect work? It creates perspective based on the angle of...
University and hospital researchers have taken a cue from the gaming industry by using 3D video graphics chips to develop a parallel software platform that can speed the processing times, in this case for medical digital imaging, by 10 to 1,000 times...
Sony on Thursday unveiled an impressive 3D display that can be viewed from any direction. The screen, development of which was announced earlier this week, is on show until Sunday at the DC Expo in Tokyo.
Sony will later this week unveil a prototype 3D display that can be seen through 360 degrees without the need to wear special glasses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Hacking Team surveillance malware masquerades as legitimate bookmark manager
- UK network BT mulls mobile return to fuel quad-play competition
- EU sees harmonizing telecoms and online content rules key to €315B economic growth plan
- Microsoft fingered as company forced to pay $136M in back taxes in China
- Kraken to help probe missing bitcoins in MtGox liquidation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW